Are you stalking me?

I spent most of the next weeks avoiding the corridor in which I ran into Wood or only taking it when it's late enough to assume that he wouldn't be there. It's a hassle but Cedric as stopped with the teasing so it's worth it. 

"You don't have to go this way with me." I tell Frank every time she takes the long way round just so we can walk together but every single time she'll say: "Of course I have to go this way. Don't be silly." Very Frank. And also very appreciated. It's happened more then once that's we've had to walk past Filch and his cat who both gave us questioning looks. Both our records are clean though so he can't really do anything.

"You sit thought Potions for me. Least I can do it walk an extra 10 minutes for you." 

"Bollocks!" I exclaim realising that we have a Potions essay due that we completely forgot about. "We need to go to the library." 

"Why?" Frank asks but it doesn't take her too long to remember either. "Oh crap. You're right. Let's go." 

"And who knows. Maybe when we're done it'll be so late that we can take the 'normal' way back." I joke. 

"Or it will be so late that Filch catches us out after hours and we get detention." Frank groans. And suddenly that fear is very real. 

We both agree that the best thing to do is to work in the library for a while, but not to late and then to take books back to the common room where we can continue to work with out braking any rules. 

When we get to the library Caro is there with the twins and they appear to be talking about muggles. Specifically Caro is telling them about the muggle pranks she used to play on me when we where kids. She always was better at tricking then the other way around. 

"And she's really easily scared, so I would just wait behind a corner and jump out at her." My charming sister laughs. 

"Hey. Watch it." I warn. "Don't go giving them Ideas." Frank lags behind a little as I walk over to defend myself in front of my sister's house mates when I remember the truth of the situation and call Frank over. 

"I would tell you all about Caroline's weaknesses but I have books I need to find. Soo.... I'm going to let Frank here do it." 

"Wait what?" Frank stammers. "No, I'll get the books." 

"Don't be silly. You know Caro just as well as I do. So yah." And before she can protest I run off towards the Potions section and make sure to disappear into it. 

Proud of myself, a little to proud maybe, I don't immediately notice the person sitting on the floor and reading. Well I don't notice them at all until I'm laying on the floor after having tripped over them. 

"I'm sorry." I say, rubbing my shoulder that suffered quite an impact. "I'm really sorry I didn't see you there." 

"Yah, I noticed." It was Wood who spoke. 

"Are you kidding me?" I groan sitting up. "Are you bloody kidding me? Out of all people in this school it had to be you?"

"Sorry?"

"No. Don't be. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I keep running into you or tripping over you or what not. Someday I'm going to injure you and then where will we be? Not it a good place, that's for sure. And I really am, really really sorry. And I promise to never not see you again." 

"Hey now, Waters. It's okay." He's smiling and I don't like it. It's an amused kind of smiling. A 'look at you, you mess of a person' kind of smiling. I want to tell him off and tell him not to smile at me but how unreasonable would that be. So instead I just smile back and apologise once more.