But Why

Once Frank show's up it takes a while to get her up to date on the situation. She does quite a bit of apologising throughout the story telling as if it was somehow her fault or she could have somehow prevented it.

"I just don't get why?" I moan. "Out of all people why'd it have to be me? I mean, he's a Slytherin, and a nasty one at that, more commonly known as the people most responsible for Hufflepuff hate. He hit once, during a game. Hit me with my own bat. But sure, it makes perfect sense that he would fancy me."

"It's not that bad, Penny." Oliver tries to calm me. I've been in a bit of a state. Unreasonably so, I'm aware but I can't really help it at the moment.

"It is that bad. It most defiantly is that bad."

Frank nods in agreement. "It is bad. He's a 17 year old boy. It's bad. He probably thinks about her when he gets of." 

"Frank!" She's put images in my head now that I really could have done with out. 

"Sorry."

"You can't know that." Oliver  says but Frank is not having it. 

"My mother studied the psychology behind sex, my father in an expert in puberty and I have a brother. We talk." 

"Okay, so you can make an educated guess. But did you have to tell her?" 

"Sorry again." Frank puts a hand on my back and draws little circles. They don't really do much to calm be but it's appreciated anyway. 

"Enough of this." Oliver declares standing up. "I' taking you flying. That will make you feel better, I know it will." He stretches his hand out toward me but I don't take it. For once in my life I don't feel like flying. What I feel like doing is taking a long shower. A really hot, long shower. So hot that everything unwanted burns off of me, and possibly my skin to. 

Frank has different ideas. She takes my hand and places it into Oliver's. He then literally pulls me out of my chair. The guy's strong, I'll give him that. 

Most of the way to the pitch I'm just being pulled along, that is until see the hoops. Then an excitement builds up in me, an excitement that's always present before I get on my broom and take for the sky. 

I'm reminded what's important to me: Quidditch, the sport, and being bloody good at it. That's something that no one can take away from me as long as I keep training, keep pushing myself to be better and if I know myself at all, which I'm pretty sure I do, then it's going to be a long time before I stop pushing. 

"You're smiling again." Oliver points out. "That's nice." 

He's right, I am smiling again and it is nice. Its thanks to him, he had the idea. So i grin up at him and then I grin at Frank, who decided to join us and watch. She doesn't grin back though. In fact, she looks mildly irritated. I'd be worried that I did something wrong but she's not looking at me, she's looking off into the distance. "Here comes trouble." 

Naturally I turn to see what she's looking at and so does Oliver. As if by magic the grin is wiped from my face as Flint moves quickly towards us. 

"See, I knew it. I knew you two where doing dirty deeds while the rest of us sleep." He yells. It's a little scary if I'm honest but I have no intention of letting him intimidate me. 

I'm about to protest when Oliver grabs my waist and pulls me close to his side. Raising my eyebrow questioningly I look up at him but he pays me no attention. His glance is focused on the Slytherin captain. 

"What if I was her boyfriend? Would you leave her alone?" 

"Oliver?" I ask. 

He continues to ignore me. "If you knew, Flint, that she was spoken for and that I would hunt you down if ever you made any kind of move on her, would you just leave her be? Because that's the truth of the matter, so you better back off. Am I understood?" 

I'm completely confused by everything that's happening at the moment. I'm sure Flint can see it on my face. Usually I'd act the part I'm playing when I need to tell a lie, that way no one will ever know I'm deciding them. This time however, I don't know what part that is. Is Oliver pretending to be my boyfriend? He couldn't be. That would be completely beside the point. What good would that do anyone. 

"If that's true then why does she look so repelled by you?" Flint sneers. "Maybe it's time to accept defeat, Wood. She doesn't like you. She need someone better than you." 

So It's confirmed then. Oliver is pretending to be my boyfriend. I've heard that usually works. Guys are more likely to stay away from a girl if they think she's spoken for, and rightfully so. But of course Flint would be so thick that he'd be immune. 

"Don't ever speak for me." I warn him. "Ever. Don't tell me whom I like or whom I need. Got it?" Then I do something I wasn't exactly planning for. I grab  the back of Oliver's neck, pull him toward me and kiss him. Smack, on the lips. It's just a kiss, a little longer then a peck,  no where near a snog, but it's a kiss none the less. 

"Was that enough proof?" Oliver asks immediately bouncing back from what must have been at least a bit of a shock. 

Flint didn't say a word. He just shook his head and turned away. 

"If you tell anyone, I'll be sure your team mates find out about second year." I call after him before he's too far to hear. We can't have people finding your about this and asking questions, now can we. 

"I'm really really sorry." I tell Oliver while Frank just stares at us in utter disbelief. 

"It's okay. I understand that you had to do it." 

"You should never say 'it's okay'." I correct. "That way the person thinks it's okay to do it again. You should say 'apology accepted' or something like that." 

Oliver smirks and repeats: "It's okay." I don't know why he does it but he does. Probably just being stubborn, Gryffendors always are. 

"Can we all agree to forget this ever happened?" I ask Frank and Oliver before we make our way back to the  castle. We decided to just skip the flying and call it a night. Or well I decided and Oliver agreed. 

"Of course." Frank says and Oliver nods his agreement: "If that's what you want." 

"Thanks. We'll see you in class tomorrow I guess." 

"Yah. I guess." And then we go our separate ways. Oliver heads back to the Library to pick up a book and Frank and I make our way back to the Hufflepuff common room.