A little over due

"I think this is a little over due." And with that Oliver pressed his lips against mine. Properly this time. 

I've kissed people before, especially in the summer before this school year started when my eldest sister took Caro and I with her to parties but every time I did I was always aware of something I shouldn't have been aware about, like the fact that kissing was nothing like it was described as in the books, or that the positioning of my hands felt wrong or that it just didn't feel as good as it was supposed to. 

But this time, for the first time, it was different. I wasn't worried if my hands where awkward because I was too busy using them to pull him closer to me and run though his hair. I wasn't thinking about how the kiss was too fast and with out passion because this time it was a slow kiss and most defiantly not one lacking passion. And most importantly this time I wasn't thinking about how my body wasn't reacting to the touch because this time it most certainly was. I could feel butterflies in my stomach and my heart going crazy and my entire body warming up, especially on the side of my face and the back of my neck where Oliver's hands where. 

All the times I had snogged someone before I was always the one to pull way abut this time It's Oliver. His face is red and flushed and his lips are puffy his hair is a mess and he's never looked this good before with is really difficult to imagine considering that he's not exactly unfortunate looking. 

"And here I thought you only excelled at Quidditch." His voice was low and sexy. 

"You weren't so bad yourself." I reply when I realise what he actually said. "Hey. What do you mean 'only'? You think Quidditch is the only think I'm good at?" 

"No. That came out wrong." Oliver chuckled. "I'm in a bit of a haze right now. I've wanted to do that for quite a while now." 

"Why didn't you?" I ask. I honestly doubt I would have minded much if he had kissed me any sooner. Especially now that I know what kissing Oliver Wood is like. 

"I was a little scared to after your reaction when I told you that Flint might fancy you." I remember how I basically had an emotional break down wen Oliver give me that particular piece of news. I also all the times I used the word 'ew' or other such words often used to express disgust. 

"And I also want you know that I never once thought of you while-" Oliver went suddenly very red. "You know." At first I don't know and I want to tell him so but then I remember Frank talking about teenaged boys and there 'needs'. 

I think he said it to reassure me or something but instead it's a bit of a blow to the ego. "Why? You don't think I'm good looking enough? Coz I'm willing to take my shirt of here and now to prove you wrong." 

"Whoa there Waters." Wood says smirking like a cheshire cat. "That's not at all why I meant. I just know how upset you where when you thought that's what Flint was doing and I didn't want to give you a reason to be that upset at me." 

"Aw." That's actually really sweet and I really appreciate it. "Is it okay if I kiss you again?" 

He leans in and I'm so sure he's about to press his lips to mine a second time but instead he says: "Not just now. I think you should probably be getting back." 

"I thought guys where supposed to have like stronger sex drives or something. You're supposed to jump at the opportunity." I huff. 

"I want to. Belive me." Oliver smirks. "But I also made a promise to make sure you get back before being out counts a breaking the rules so this is me keeping that promise." 

"That just makes me want to kiss you even more." I say telling the truth. 

"You can. Soon enough."

"Is that a promise?" I ask. 

"Yes. Promise." He smirks back at me. 

I guess I must be smiling when I get back to the common room because both Frank and Cedric want to know what happened and if we finally kissed. 

"You could put it that way, yah." I say trying not to be all giggly. 

"How was it?" Frank asked.

"Oh you know. Just fantastic." I beam. 

"Better then Nina?" 

"So much better then Nina." 

"Wait, who's Nina?" Cedric questions. 

"Kind of a summer fling. Not really though." I say not really in the mood to explain. 

"And Nina is a girl, yes?" 

"Yah. Is that a problem?" I really don't want to talk about Nina right now. I want to talk about Oliver but if I need to explain why a same sex relationship is not a bad thing, in any way, at all, then I will. 

"No. Of course not." Cedric says and I can tell that he means it. "I'm just curious." 

"All you need to know about Nina is that he snogged a few times over the summer and went on like two dates and that I'm glad it didn't work out because that would mean that I couldn't be as happy about snogging Oliver tonight, okay?" 

"Okay." He agrees. "But one last thing: How did you have time for her? You're always busy practicing." 

"I live in the muggle world remember. I can't exactly go flying a broom around Brighton can I?" 

"You're probably right."