Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff

Never in my life have I been this nervous for a game. This is my last game on the Hufflepuff team. Maybe it's the last game I'll ever play. 

To make it all worse Flint is targeting me more then he usually does. I mean yah he doesn't usually play very fair but this time I feel like he's being extra mean.  Not only that, he keeps saying the word 'Hufflepuff' like it's really bad and like I should be ashamed to be one which is not something that sits well with me. At all. 

"Leave me alone." I scream at him when he flies particularly close to me, despite the Quaffle being no where near where I am. 

When he still tails me I swing the next Bludger in his direction and can't help feeling a little good about myself when it it's his shoulder. I know that's horrible of me but he stops following me after that so I'm not really going to apologise for it. 

It's not a particularly long game and I hate to say this but we loose. We loose real bad. Once I'm out of sight of the general public I punch a wall. A little to hard maybe because I hand hurts a lot now.

"Fuck me!" I scream cradling my hand. This was my last opportunity to be fantastic. My last chance to make sure I'm remembered as a Quidditch player but it looks like that's not going to happen. 

"Careful Waters." I hear Oliver's voice behind me and turn around to look at him. "I know a few people who'd be willing to take you up on that offer." 

I know he's joking and I wan't to smile and laugh, especially since he's died his hair yellow for the game and it's the most adorable thing ever, but I can't really bring myself too. Instead I say: "You're coming of really sexual predator-y at the moment. It wasn't an offer, it was an expression of unimaginable disappointment." 

"I know." Oliver says. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to make you smile." 

And just like that I feel bad for snapping. Of course he was just trying to be nice and I had to go and be all bitchy about it. 

"Right. It's appreciated." I say. "I know it doesn't seam like it, but really it is." 

"Okay, look. I know how you must be feeling so how about you get cleaned up and change and then we go to the kitchen for tea and cheesecake?" 

"Deal." I say allowing myself to smile this time. It still sucks that we lost and my hand still kind of hurts, which I'm not going to admit to anyone though, and I don't know how I'm going to make a career now but I can worry about all those things later. In fact I know I'll worry about those things later so I think it's okay if I give myself a tea break. 

When I leave the Hufflepuff dressing room in my hufflepuff jumper Oliver is waiting for me with Frank and they are both talking about something that seams to interest the both of them. Oliver's hair is back to it's normal colour but Frank is still in full consume. Yellow hair, yellow face paint, Yellow Jumper. The whole Shabang. 

"Hey, Pen!" Frank exclaims when she sees me. "You played really well." 

"No I didn't." I try to protest but both of them start shaking there heads at me. 

"You really did." Oliver reassures me. "You would have won if Slytherin played fair. I guarantee it." 

"Ugg. Right." I groan. 

"Come on." Oliver picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Let's get you to the kitchen before your mood get's any worse." 

"Excuse me, at least I'm not crying on the locker room floor." I teas and as I do so I can see Frank giving me a know look and wink which I'm glad Oliver can't see. I'm also glad he can't see my face, considering that I'm still flung over his shoulder. 

"Who's crying?" It's Cedric which makes me burst into a fit of laughter. 

"No one." Oliver says a little to quickly making me laugh even more. 

"We're going to the kitchen. Wanna join us?" I try to deflect the attention away form Oliver while still choking on giggles. 

"Yah. I could use with a pick me up right about now." 

So the four of us go to the Kitchen after Oliver puts me down, because I'm perfectly capable of walking by my self, thank you very much and have a pretty nice meal consisting mainly on sweets. There's a lot of joking around and goofing off which is nice considering the event's from earlier in the day. 

I don't know how long we're there just not being where we need to be for as long as possible before Frank points out that we need to be getting back to the common room soon but just was we are about to go our separate ways Oliver says: "Wait. Pen. Wait five more minutes." 

"I don't want to be out after dark." I say despite really wanting to stay five more minutes. 

"You won't. I promise." Oliver reaches out to grab onto my hand. Well, how am I meant to say no when he goes and does something like that? I agree to stay only a little while longer and Frank and Cedric make sure the do a lot of eyebrow reading and winking while they walk away. I think Oliver finds it a little amusing, judging by the stupid smile on his face.  

We stand outside the kitchen by the fruit painting until Frank and Cedric are completely out of view. That's when Oliver positions himself so that I'm standing between him and the wall and let me just say that the space between the two is not particularly large. Or large at all. 

tanding here, this close to probably the cutest guy in our year if not the whole school, looking up at him I realise two things. 1) If there was any doubt in my mind that I fancied him it's now gone..... very far way. 2)I'm bloody short. 

My heart does that thing that you read about in books and my chest feels all tight while Oliver whispers: "This is more then a little overdue."