Hogsmeade with out Frank

"Are you going to as Cho to the next Hogsmeade weekend?" I poke Cedric in the side several times. 

"Yes." He states matter of factly. "Are you going to pluck up the courage and finally ask Oliver?" 

"No. Frank and I are going together. Isn't that right, Frank?" I look over to Frank but she isn't nodding in excitement like I expected. Instead her eyes are wide and she looks a lot like a deer in the headlights. 

"Um. Actually, Pen, I have some work I need to catch up on." Even though her look is apologetic and I know she'd rather be out with me then studying I can't help but feel a little disappointed. "I'll go with you if you really really want me to but I would rather just stay behind and work a little." 

"But it's still cold out." I protest. "We're meant to wear scarves and mittens and hats with bobbles on top of them and then go to the three broomsticks and have butterbeer and talk about philosophy some something." 

"I know. I know, but can't you maybe do those things with Caro? It's been a while since you two had some sister alone time." 

"Well no. I can't. She's going with Fred." Caroline told me last week that Fred asked her to go to Hogsmeade with him and that's all good and dandy and I wish they have a good time but couldn't she have picked a weekend that isn't the one where Frank is too busy for fun. 

"That's good for her." Frank's being genuine.

"Yah." I'm not. 

"Oh come on, Pen. Don't be like this. Remember the weekend you skipped because you wanted to practice for Quidditch try outs?" 

"Yah, but that weekends work is what got me on the team as opposed to a substitute." 

"And this weekends work might be what get's me a good enough score on my NEWTS to become an Auror. " Frank argues very wisely. Of course she's right, she's always right. And she always has fantastic points. 

"Yah, you're right. Now excuse me while I go seek out a keeper." 

It's not until you try to look for someone that you realise how bloody huge Hogwarts actually is. There are endless corridors and passages that lead no where and staircases that change. I must have been sourcing for at least an hour already, and all of it in vain. 

Eventually, somehow, by chance I happen across Oliver who's just walking around, muttering to himself. 

"Hi." I step in front of him, grinning. 

"Do you ever stop smiling?" He asks me even though he's smiling as well. 

"Well yes. I'm almost sure I won't be smiling if you say 'no' to my next question." 

"And what's that?" 

"Do you maybe, possibly want to go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow? Frank is busy and Caro is a traitor." The words spill out of my mouth maybe a little too quickly. I didn't realise before how nervous I actually was about this. But now I can feel the dampness in my palms and the racing of my heart. 

"Whoa, slow down." Oliver laughed. "And yes, I'd love too." 

"Really?" I can feel my eyes go wide and my smile grow. 

"Yes. I'll meet you at 9am on the grounds?" He suggests. 

"Yah, okay." I agree and then hop of feeling like a child who's been given a pony. 

I'm up way before 9 the next day just pacing around my room. Usually I only get like this before Quidditch games. For the first time ever I'm stressing about what I was going to wear. Well, what I'm going to wear under my jumper and coat and scarf.