I blame Cedric

AN: I would just like to say that in 1993 (when this took place) Arsenal was sponsored but JVC and not Emirates. But it was too good a joke to not use. Sorry. 

"No. I'm not." Wood raises an eyebrow at me. "Are you avoiding me?" 

Deep breath. "No." I try to sound as casual as possible. 

"Okay. Next question. Why do you think I'm stalking you?" 

Sigh. How do you answer a question like that. I can't exactly say 'Because I'm a spa who keeps bumping into you and because Cedric thinks I fancy you which has somehow made me more aware of your existence' can I? 

Instead I say: "No. Sorry. Of course you're not. I don't know why I said that. Sorry." I could tell from the look of Wood's face that he was very critical about the situation and hell, I would be too if I where in his shoes. So what other options are there for me other then somehow explain myself. "Okay, here's the thing. Cedric said something, a few somethings actually. Very very annoying somethings. Those somethings aren't important though so don't ask what they are. And since then you just seam to be everywhere. You're just all over the place."

"Waters, I've always been everywhere. We're in the same year. We have a lot of the same classes. We both play Quidditch. Chances are we are going to see each other. "

"Yes. Of course. Sorry." It hit's me how incredibly stupid I've been. I mean I didn't mean it when I asked if he was stalking me. Deep down I knew he wasn't. It was just one of those stupid heat of the moment things that happens sometimes. My Brother, Mateo, always says I have no filter. Oh how I wish he was wrong.  

To my complete surprise Wood starts to laugh. Like full on proper laugh. I don't know what to do in the situation so I just stand and awkwardly try not to stare until he says: "You're odd. Anyone ever tell you that?" Thought his chuckles. 

"Once or twice." I admit. Though if I'm completely honest It was probably a little more then twice. Or a little more then a little more. 

"Can we please just forget about it all?" I beg. "Please?" 

"Yah. Sure." Wood say still laughing a little and getting back on his broom. "See you, Waters." 

"See you." I call after him as her pushes off from the ground and ascends into the sky. All the while I try to focus on jogging. Just jogging. One lap after the other until I'm sweating and that beautiful post exercise feeling takes over my body. 

Seeing as the pitch is empty aside from Oliver Wood and myself I decide it can't hurt to shower in the looker rooms and then go straight to meet Frank for breakfast. 

I pull my wet hair into a pony tail and make my way out of the looker room, the incident from earlier forgotten. Well forgotten up until Wood is standing in front of me in his robes. He obviously had the same thing in mind as me. 

"So what's Emirates then? Some Foreign Quidditch team?" He ask me as we both make our way up to the castle. It's all forgotten then. That's good. 

"Emirates?" 

"On your shirt earlier. It said 'Fly Emirates'." 

I can't help it. I start to laugh. It's all a whole funny situation. "Um no. Emirates is an Airline. They sponsor Arsenal. The Football team." 

"I'm don't understand." 

"It's not a Quidditch team. It's my football team." I try to explain but I can see from his face that Wood is not understanding. "Never mind. It's not important. Let's just go eat. I'm famished." 

"Okay. Let's just eat." 

"Where you jogging again?" Frank asks when I take a seat next to her at the Hufflepuff table. 

"Course. Where else?"  Morning workouts always build up my appetite to a point where it's actually a little scary. So, naturally, my focus at the moment is about 70% food and 30% Frank. Sorry Frank. 

"It just, I heard Cedric say that he saw you walking with Wood." Okay, so now it's 30% food and 70% the end of the world. 

"Cedric saw that? CEDRIC? Fucking shit this is not good." I try to keep my language clean most of the time. Needless to say I also fail most of the time. But I try and that's what matters, right? Right? Frank doesn't seam to think so: "There's first years around Pen." 

"Sorry. It's just Cedric is never going stop taking the mickey now." I let my head fall to the table. New plan. Stop avoiding Wood and start avoiding Diggory. 

That plan proves to be a little more difficult seeing as we have training today. My plan for it is to just deny everything. No matter what he what Cedric says I'll just deny it. Is your name Penny? No. Do you love Quidditch? No. Should be simple enough. 

Surprisingly Cedric doesn't say anything. Doesn't even give me a knowing look or anything. I'm not complaining, believe you me, but I find it surprising none the less. 

We train like normal, Cedric gives his fantastic speech at the end like he normally does and I leave to shower in out dorm like I normally do. Everything is hunky dory and yet I have this feeling that I can't tread easy. Like Cedric is just waiting for the right moment, then it can't be long before Wood gets suspicious and then I'm going to have to explain to him that I don't actually fancy him. And that will be one hell of an awkward talk. 

I'm sitting by the fire reading, not any of the mandatory reading I keep putting off unfortunately, when Cedric takes a seat next to me. 

"You going to teas me now?" I ask with out looking up from my book. I can't actually do that thing where I keep reading while also small talking but I like to pretend I do because it makes me look profound and stuff. I'm not. I'm the kind of person who says 'and stuff' but it's fun to pretend. 

"Why would I teas you?" 

"Because you saw me walking from the Quidditch Pitch with Oliver Wood today and you've been taking the piss because of less?" 

"Oh right. That." Cedric smiles at me. "I've decided that you'd tell me when you where ready." 

"There's nothing to tell." I promise. "And if there was you'd know." 

"I'll take your word for it." 

"There's a first." I laugh and lay my head on his shoulder.