Post game

You'd think that when I woke up in the morning I'd be all giddy and so on from the events from the night before but instead I'm just really down about loosing the game. 

My entire future depended on me playing well this year and now we've gone and lost 2 out of 3 games and the one we won was only because there happened to be Dememntors targeting the opposing teams Seeker. 

I decide the best thing to do is ask Cedric about it. I mean he's a Quidditch Captain and he grew up in the Wizarding world. He's aught to know more then me. 

"You could try for the Holyhead Harpies.  They are an all female team and I've heard they don't often get a lot of skilled beaters trying out." 

"Wait. There's such thing?" I ask never having heard of them before. If I'm compliantly honest I haven't hear of particularly many Quidditch teams before. I only know about Puddlemere because in the summer of my third year Frank's family took me to see a game. 

"Yah. I'm sure they would love you." Cedric beams at me. "Why don't you send them an owl and inquire about trying out." 

"I think I'll go do that now." I say already feeling much better. This is good. I have options and maybe that last loss didn't ruin everything for me. Sure I could also try to get a job I like in the muggle world but I honestly prefer Quidditch to almost every sport, other then maybe Water polo but I haven't really heard anything ever about an english water polo team.

I want to make Frank go with me to the owlry once I've written and inquiry letter but she look busy with her nose in a book so I decide to leave her be. I also can't find Cedric anywhere and decide with out any actually proof of the matter, that he must be with Cho and that I most defiantly need to take the mickey out of him latter. 

Today is a little colder then I anticipated for seeing as it's meant to be spring, almost summer even. But no, it's cold out and I've left my jumper in the castle. Unsure what else I can possibly do I just suck it up and pull though. It's not like it's so cold that I fear I might get hypothermia or anything but, damn, it's still very chilly. 

I use Caro's owl and have her send a note to my sister letting her know before her pet goes off to deliver a letter to the all girl Quidditch team. 

It's about a week later, also a week closer to the NEWTS, that I get an owl back during the morning mail. Up until this point I've been dying to here back from them but now that it's actually here I can't bring myself to open it and it feels as though my stomach has been replaced with a black hole. 

"How about I open it and tell you what it says?" Frank asks me after I've been staring at it for a good ten minutes. Unable to do much else I just nod. I don't know what I'm so nervous about and I really don't see what the worst that can happen is and yet here I am more anxious then I've ever been before in my life, and that's including my first ever swim meat where I was so nervous I ended up being sick. 

The entirety of the minute that Frank is reading I'm not feeling well. My vision even goes blurry which usually only happens when I push myself past my physical limit, which if I'm honest is maybe a little too often. 

"Oh. This is good." Frank exclaims towards the end allowing me to breath again. "They want to meet you after you're done at Hogwarts. They think you might have a really good shot of making the team."  

"Wait. Really?" I'm completely taken aback. I feel like this is all to easy. 

"Yah. You don't even need any NEWTS." 

"WAIT. REALLY?" I repeat. This is defiantly too easy. There's got to be some catch. Something to rain on my parade. 

"Oh, but it's in Whales." There it is. There's the 'but'. But it's an okay 'but'. I can live with this 'but'. 

"That's fine. That's so so fine." I'm beaming. Of course I'll go to whales if I have too, no doubt about it. 

As per usual Frank knows me better then I know me and she anticipates what I want to do before I know I want to do it. "You should go tell Oliver." 

"I should go tell Oliver." I repeat realising what a brilliant idea that is and that that's exactly what I want to do right not. I hug Frank, because it's a hug kind of day and make my way down to the Quidditch pitch. 

I know that on this particular day Oliver doesn't have class in the morning because I don't either and I often bump into him while running a few laps or flying a bit. 

As expected he's there and he's looking at me as though he's expecting me. 

"Hi." I smile a him maybe a little to broadly but then again the last week has been full of broad smiling in his direction. And so far the smile has been returned so I don't think we have a problem. 

"I have news." He says. 

"Me TOO!" I can't keep the excitement out of my voice. But I want to here his news first. "But you go first." 

"Okay." Oliver smiles and takes a step towards me. "Puddlemere wasn't to meet me." 

"OH MY GOD THAT'S GREAT!" I fling myself at him wrapping my harms around his neck. Like I said, it's a big day for hugs. 

"What's your news?" 

"The Holyhead Harpies want to meet me." I say stepping back a little because I want to see his face. He beams at me but I don't get to see a whole lot of it because very soon he's so close to me that I couldn't possibly make out anything even if my eyes where open. So close in fact that we're snogging. 

Again it's Oliver who pulls away to put both hands on the side of my face and say: "I know they will love you. You're a fantastic beater." 

"And you're one hell of a keeper, I mean I bet you'd be a brilliant goalie too. That's how good you are." 

"I don't know what you're on a about but I don't care." He kisses me again. Just quickly, just a peck but it's nice. It's defiantly nice. 

"We should celebrate." 

"NEWTS are just around the corner." I say. I want to celebrate. I do but at the same time I'm not prepared at all for the upcoming tests and if Frank didn't promise to help me study I'm sure I'll fail. 

"One night?" Oliver pleas. "Then I'll leave you alone to study until we graduate. We could go to the room of requirements." 

Oliver's face is enough for me to want  to really really bad and I guess if it's just the one night off I'll be okay. I mean Frank manages to get kick ass scores even though she basically only studies the night before so how bad can missing one night of study time really be?