Chapter 27: The Couples Challenge~

I'm in my room jamming out to some music. I turn and see Austin standing at my door. I stop mid-dance.
"Hey. How uh...how long have you been standing there?" I ask.
"Long enough to know that you are a horrible dancer." He says.
"I'm not that bad." I say.
He looks at me.
"Yeah you are." He tells me.
I drop my mouth open.
"Maybe I shouldn't have said that." He realizes.
"You think?!" I say.
"Okay obviously I made a mistake."
"You think?!" I say again.
"You're a great dancer."
"Oh so now you're going to lie to me?"
"What? No! I-Ughh!" Austin says.
I start to laugh.
"It's so funny watching you try to say the right things to me."
"You're so cruel."
I shrug.
"You didn't have to date me." I say.
"Hey whoa! I never said anything about not dating you." He says.
I laugh.
"Right, because you're so in love with me you wouldn't dare talk about not dating me." I say.
"Well aren't you so in love with me?" He says.
"I don't know if I want to be in love with someone who tells me I'm a horrible dancer and I'm cruel." I say.
"You're so in love with me." He states.
I step closer.
"Am I?"
"Yes, you are."
"How can you tell?"
"Just by the way you're looking at me right now."
"Really? Because I thought I was looking at you like you were an idiot." I say.
"That is another way I can tell, you're teasing me." He says.
I roll my eyes.
"Okay."
"Just admit it already. We both know it's true."
"Okay...I'm in love with you."
"I know, I just really wanted to hear you say it."
I roll my eyes again.
"Dork."
"So you ready for our interview today with Chelsea?" He asks.
"Sure." I say.
"Why do you say it like that?"
"This is only what? Our second interview together? In our first interview they wanted to know the details of our first kiss. I would like to not have an awkward conversation like that again." I say.
"I don't think Chelsea will be like that."
"Okay, but if she is, I'm not answering any questions that make me feel uncomfortable."
"I don't blame you." Austin says.
"Alright shew! I have to get dressed." I say, waving a hand at him.
He backs out of my room and I close the door. For my outfit I pick a white short sleeve crop top with a red skater shirt that has daisies all over it. For my shoes I pick out some white ankle boots. Then I curl my hair and do my makeup and I'm done. I grab my purse and phone then head downstairs where Austin is waiting for me.
"How do I look?"
"Do you really have to ask when you already know my answer?" He asks.
"So good?"
"No, beautiful." He says.
"Okay, lets go." I say.
We get in his car and pick up everyone else at Austin's house, then head to the interview. We get to the interview and a makeup crew touches up my makeup. Then before I know it, it's time to go out.
"Alright now we have teen pop sensation Austin Mahone and his beautiful girlfriend Sadie Daniels." Chelsea says.
Austin and I come out holding hands.
"Aww look at that." Chelsea says, as we make our way over.
I smile and Austin and I have a seat on the couch.
"You guys are just too cute." She tells us.
"Thank you." I say.
"How are you two doing?"
"Good!" I say.
"Great!" Austin says.
"Now Austin, you just came out with your new single Dirty Work. Tell me about that." She says.
"Dirty Work has a different vibe than my other music, it's more funky but I think it's catchy and the fans are loving it." He tells her.
"Yeah, I think it's a great song. Is there a music video for it in the works?"
"We've been talking about it, but it's not official yet." He says.
"While we're on the topic of singles, Sadie when are you going to come out with one?" Chelsea asks me.
"I'm not..." I say trailing off.
"What! No way?! You have to come out with one. You're voice is incredible. A voice like yours has to be heard." She tells me.
"Thank you, but I really just am not ready for that kind of fame."
"Well if you ever do come out with one I will totally support you." She says.
I smile.
"Rumors are going around that your song Torture, that you released on Soundcloud is about Sadie, is that true?" She asks.
"Yes, Torture is about Sadie."
"And did you make this song during the period that you two were broken up and Sadie was all the way in Texas?"
"Yes, I did."
"Well I think it's a beautiful song."
"Thank you."
"Now, can you describe how you felt in the very moment that you and Sadie got back together?"
"Well first of all I was surprised, I didn't think she wanted to start dating again till later so I wasn't even expecting it. I was-I don't know- I was very relieved and overwhelmed with happiness, a lot of emotions were going through me but I was mostly relieved." He tells Chelsea.
"And Sadie?"
"I was overjoyed. The moment we got back together I just felt like this huge burden was lifted off my shoulders and I could be fully happy again." I say.
"Well I think we can all agree that we are so glad that you two are together because you are probably one of the cutest couples I've ever met. When I see picture of you two together- ughh! It's just-you're goals." She says.
I laugh a bit.
"I think we make a pretty good team." Austin says.
"Speaking of teams, are you guys ready to play a game?" Chelsea asks.
"I didn't know we were playing a game." I say.
"Well you do now." She says.
"Yeah, I guess so!" I say with a laugh.
"So this game is called The Couples Challenge."
"Uh oh. Usually when a game has the word challenge in it, it means it's about to get messy." I say.
"Oh yeah it is." Chelsea says.
"So what do we have to do?" Austin asks.
"So you two are going to take turns asking questions about yourself and the other person has to guess right." Chelsea explains.
"And what happens if we get a question wrong?"
"Bring it out!" Chelsea says.
A guy brings out two trays of what looks like ingredients.
"I have here, ingredients to make a pie. If you get a question wrong you get one of the ingredients on your head. The more questions you get wrong the more ingredients you get on your head. I hope you guys know each other really well, otherwise its going to get super messy." Chelsea says.
"Alright let's do this." Austin says.
"Okay we'll start with Austin, ask Sadie a question."
"Hmmm...I'm trying to think of one that she won't know the answer to right away...okay, how many pairs of shoes do I have?" Austin asks.
"Oh my gosh...umm a lot...I think it's like-I want to say around like 100." I say.
"Does she have to get the exact number?" Austin asks Chelsea.
"Well what was the number?"
"103." He says.
"We'll count it." She says.
"Yes!" I say.
"You really have 100 pairs of shoes?" Chelsea asks Austin in disbelief.
"Yes, I do."
"Wow. Okay Sadie, you're turn."
"Okay let's see...what's my favorite song?"
"It's either Everything by Michael Buble or Fight Song by Rachel Platten."
"Wow. Nice, it's Everything." I say.
"Okay...who do I want to collab with on a song?"
"Chris Brown or Drake."
"Yes."
"What was my favorite tv show on Disney Channel when I was younger."
"Oooo ummm...Hannah Montana?"
"Haha! Nope. It was Wizards Of Waverly Place." I say.
"Ooo Austin you got a question wrong, you know what that means." Chelsea says.
I grab and egg and smash it on his head.
I laugh.
"I've always wanted to do that." I say.
I look at my hand that has some egg yolk on it and then wipe it on Austin's shirt.
"Thanks for that, Sadie." He says.
"You're welcome!" I say.
"Okay my turn, what's my favorite thing about Texas?"
"The food."
"Sadie is there anything you don't know about Austin?"
"No."
Chelsea laughs.
"Okay one more question for each of you."
"Okay, what's my favorite makeup brand."
"Hmm...you have a lot of MAC stuff so I'm going to go with MAC." He says.
"Wow nice." I say.
"Okay, I'm determined to ask a question that you get wrong. So...what's the one thing you do that I hate most?"
"When I take your hat off your head." I say.
He doesn't answer at first, making me worry.
"Was I right?" I ask.
"...yes." He says.
"Ha!" I say.
"Austin you're supposed to know everything about your girlfriend especially since you've guys known each other since you were what four?"
"Three." I correct.
"Well I didn't really watch the tv she watched. And whenever I saw her watching tv it was usually Hannah Montana was on so that's the answer that I went with."
"Well thanks for playing, and it looks like our time is up. Thank you guys so much for coming."
"Thank you for having us." I say.
"No problem. You're welcome here anytime."
The show goes to a commercial and Austin and I get up and go backstage.
"This is disgusting." Austin says.
"That was fun!"  I say.
"Only because you didn't get any ingredients on you." Austin says.
"True, but still I think the interview as a whole was fun." I say.
"Yeah it was a good interview."
We get back in the the car and head home.