Chapter twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I parked up the truck, i shut the door and made my way up the porch.I took out my key and open the door.All the lights were off, Grams must be asleep.I slowly made my way up the stairs and entered my room.I stripped out of my dress and plopped myself on the bed.I was just in my knickers and bra.The monnlight gave a strip of light to come in my room.I stared at the ceiling,flashes of me and Nathan kissing played on my mind.I pulled the sheet over my head and fell asleep.

==============================================================

NEXT MORNING

I suddenly opened my eye lids, shit i over slept.I looked at the little clock on my bed side table it was twelve pm.What the heck that wasn't like Grams not to wake me.I moved the sheets and got up, i got a long tee shirt that was hanging on the chair, i opened my door.I looked at Grams's room, the door was closed, she always leaves it opens when she wakes.I walked over to her room.Then there was a knock on the door, i stopped in my foot tracks,i hopped down the stairs.I opened the door.

''Afternoon'' smiled Austin as he turned around, he had a brown paper bag in his hand.

''I bought muffins'' he said holding up the bag.

''Come on in'' i smiled, as i opened the door wide open.

''Y-you just got up?'' asked Austin

''Yea i slept over'' i replied

''Wheres Grams?'' asked Austin as he looked around

''Im just going to check on her i think shes till asleep, why dont you grab a plate and plate those muffins up'' i smiled.

''s-sure '' he said smiling

I ran up the stairs and continued to Grams's room, i opened the door.

''Hey grams, it's twelve o'clock'' i said smiling, i could see her figure underneath the sheets.

She never answered, i walked forward.

''Hey grams'' i said placing my hand on her.I moved the sheet back, her face was discoloured, i touched her hand i flinched as her hand was cold.

''Noooo'' i said, quickly checked her pulse,there was nothing.

''NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' i screamed my lungs out, my head fell on gram's chest as i cradled her body.

I heard running footsteps.

''Madison!'' shouted Asutin as he entered the room.He saw me laying my head on Grams's still body.

''Nooo!!'' he shouted

''shes gone!'' i cried hysterically.

Austin tried to pull me in a embrace, but i pushed him away and held Grams tight.My tears flooded down my face.

An hour later

The ambulance had come and taken Grams's body,the local police sheriff was also here.I sat numb on the porch.My eyes were red and stinging me.I watched as Daisy came running to me in slow motion she was crying as she ran towards me.I was still as a statue.She embraced me i couldn't help but let my tears fall.I kept my gaze straight and didn't show any emotion my body was stiff I let my tears fall.Then a pik up truck came speeding and came to a halt.I looked up and there was Nathan looking confused, he stepped out the truck and started talking to the sheriff i could see him running a hand through his hair as he looked distressed.His eyes then locked with mine, I stared straight at him.Riley was now comforting Daisy.Nathan was contemplating on whether to come up to me, i could see the battle within himself.He had decided to stay at bay.I stood up like a dead person.