CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Chapter twenty six

I know the coroners report came back as grams dying from natural cause but I refused to believe it,I threw the piece of paper down on the table and stood up.I walked up the stairs and stood at the top of the landing.I looked at gram's room, I took a deep breath and walked inside.Tears streamed down my face I could still smell gram's sweet jasmine perfume, I walked over to her dressing table I touched her perfume bottle and then her hair brush.

'' I miss you so bad gram's'' I croaked

I sat down on her bed and wrapped her blanket around my body, I smelt the blanket and inhaled in her long lasting scent.

KNOCK KNOCK

I slowly got up, i pulled myself away from gram's blanket.I walked down the stairs, I opened the door, I was met by a tears eyed Daisy.Before I could say anything she quickly hugged me.

''Come on in '' I said opening the door wider.Daisy entered and dragging behind her was one huge rolling suitcase.

''What's all this?'' I asked her as I shut the door

''I'm staying with you till further notice''she smiled

''You don't need to do that'' I said as I walked into the sitting room, I sat on the big wicker chair.

''You can not shut us all out Madison, do you know how worried we all are'' she said looking genuinely worried.

''I'm fine, I just need some time'' I said

''Look if there's something I knew about your gram's there's no way she would have wanted you to be sitting here all depressed and all alone'' said Madison

''What do you suggest? '' I said quietly

'' we are going out and we are going to celebrate Gram's life'' smiled Daisy, I could see she was trying hard not to cry.

''I'm really not up to it'' I replied

''God damn it! She was also a mother to me me to Madison! '' Daisy broke down in tears, I quickly got up and hugged her.

''I know''I said comforting her

''Okay let's go out, you are right we need to celebrate gram's life she had'' I said wiping Daisy's tears with my hand.Daisy gave me a half broken smile.

''I'm going out to get some groceries I take it you haven't got anything because you haven't been eating'' said Daisy

''Yep'' I said looking down

'' okay I'll be back you get yourself a shower and some decent clothes on, I'll make us something to eat once i get back in''said Daisy as she grabbed her purse and put her suitcase to one side.

''Thank you'' I said kissing Daisy's cheek.

'' you are like my sister'' said Daisy holding up my chin

'' so how does lasagna sound? '' said Daisy

''Its sounds good'' I smiled

==========================================================

I had showered, I rummaged through my draws.I would have to get ready for tonight so I might as well just put anything on i thought.I took out a pair of black really short pair of denim shorts and a white short sleeved fitted t.shirt.I got dressed and the. Brushed my brown locks, I put a little rose tint on my lips.I opened the door and made my way downstairs, I heard voices coming from the kitchen.I stopped in my tracks, who the heck had she invited over.I quickly entered the kitchen and to my shock Daisy was cooking, Riley had his arms around her from behind as she giggled and Austin was sitting at the table and looking at his beer bottle.