CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

I moved the greasy strand of hair from my forehead and wiped the sweat that was dripping off my face, I finally had reached gram's house.I knocked on the door, after a few minutes had passed i heard movement coming from inside, i quickly straightened my posture.

''Just a minute'' shouted grandma Mary

Grandma opened the door.

''Hello lovely how can i help ya'' said the old woman

A huge smile formed on my face then i dropped my bags.

''It's me grams'' I smiled

Grandma placed her hand over her mouth in shock as tears filled her eyes.

''Is that you Madison'' she said in shock

''It sure is'' i smiled

Grandma pulled me into a bear hug, she squeezed me tight, for a old woman she sure had alot of strength, after a while she let me go, she wiped the tears from her eyes.

''Come on in honey'' she squealed in excitement

I grabbed my holdall and rucksack and followed her inside,She went straight into the living room.

''let me get you a cold drink honey'' she said excitedly

''Thanks'' i replied, i was parched.

I could hear her saying something but i was too busy looking around, the house was old fashioned but cosy.I looked at the display cabinet i could see some photo frames.I got up ,I instantly recognized the photos, they were of my mother and father.There were also pictures of myself when i was a kid, i looked around four years old.

''Your such a beauty, you look exactly like your mother'' Said grandma

I quickly moved away from the cabinet as i didn't realize she had entered the room, she held out the cold lemonade glass which was filled with a good helping of ice.

''Thanks grams'' i replied

''I really cant believe me eyes darling, the last time i had seen you was when you was eight, that was when your mother had decided to leave'' she said putting her head down .

''well I'm here now grams and i ain't going nowhere'' i smiled

Grams face lit up.

''Why don't you take your things up,I haven't changed your room one bit,i know you must be tired so take a shower and have a nap'' she smiled

I grabbed my holdall and rucksack and headed up the wooden stairs.I looked at the door that was staring at me from the bottom of the corridor, i walked towards it.I looked at the pink writting on the door, it said 'Madisons Room'.I smiled as i turned the door handle.I entered the room, the walls were still bubble gum pink, with my white single bed in the middle.There was a matching white dressing table and there was a ivory Ottoman in front of the bed.I decided to sit on the Ottoman whilst i took in my surroundings.

===================================================================

I placed my holdall on the bed, i opened the zipper and looked through the clothes i had flung in last minute.I grabbed a pair of white tiny shorts and a backless white vest.I headed in the bathroom, i stripped out of my sweaty jeans and top, i untied my hair and turned the shower head on cold.I felt so fresh as the cold water hit my sweaty skin.As i finished washing i wrapped a towel around myself.I patted myself dry, i slowly ran the towel over my hair patting it down as i did this.I left the towel in the bathroom and headed back in my bedroom.