7.

*Michael's POV*

What is wrong with me? I never turn down a beer. But I could tell Cara was uncomfortable with it. Obviously this wasn't normal for her. Even Regan was surprised. But she wouldn't explain. I don't know why I did what I did, but I just didn't want her to leave. The moment I touched her, electricity sparked through me and I knew I needed her to stay. So I said the only thing I could think of that might make her stay. It worked. I want her to be comfortable around me, I want to get to know her. Even the guys are shocked. Michael Clifford never turns down a beer. Great, now I'm gonna get shit from my bandmates. But I'll pay the price if it means getting closer to Cara.

Suddenly I feel her head against my arm. Sparks fly through my body yet again as I look towards her and see that she's fallen asleep. She looks like an angel while she's asleep. Her long brown curls fall into her pale face, her pink lips parted slightly. Those lips look perfect. I unknowingly lick my lips when I hear Calum chuckle. He saw that. Damnit. He better not tell Regan. He's my best friend out of all my mates but he obviously has a thing for Regan. And he can't keep a secret for shit. I glare at him to tell him to keep his mouth shut, and he just smirks and goes back to watching the movie.

I wrap my arm around her slowly, as not to wake her, and pull her in closer to my side. I see a small smile form on her perfect lips and I smile too. I could get used to this.

*Cara's POV*

"Trouble in paradise?"
Suddenly I'm in my room in my old apartment. How did I get here? I'm laying on my bed crying when I hear a familiar voice tell me "Let's get you ready for bed beautiful" I then feel hands on my waist pulling my shirt up, followed by kisses on my bare skin. No! No! No! This isn't right!

"NO!" I yell and bolt myself upright, out of breath. I glance around at five pair of eyes looking at me with concern. I'm not in my old apartment. I'm at Regan's and Trevor is nowhere around. I hear a voice whisper in my ear, "You okay princess?"

That's when I feel an arm around my waist, Michael. His thumb is rubbing circles on my waist, trying to calm me down. Shit. How did I end up in his arms? I hate men! Never again will I get close to any guy, ever again. I've been hurt in too many ways, by too many men. I scramble out of his arm and stand up.

"Uh..." I say aloud to everyone, glaring at Michael. I know my dream, or my past, isn't his fault. I was the one who started thinking about it again, but his touch does something to me that I don't want to feel. Its easiest to blame him for it.

"I'm going to bed. It was, uh, nice to meet you all. Goodnight"

Regan looks at me with concern in her eyes. I know she's worried about me. That's just Regan. I shut my eyes a second, then force a half smile at her, letting her know I'll be okay, then turn and run up to my bedroom, two steps at a time.

I hear them all whispering downstairs, and I know its about me. I just can't make out what they're saying. I know that was odd of me, I've been off all night, but I couldn't explain around Michael. Or the other three guys. I might be a usually talkative and outspoken person, but I like to keep private things to myself.

I flop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. It's hard to explain something that you don't remember, anyways. But that was a month ago. Why am I just now recalling bits and pieces? I can't go back to sleep now. I don't want to remember any more. Its been a long day as it is.

Karma's a bitch.

I need a smoke! I climb out the bedroom window onto the roof again and light up. Thank god I'm tiny. My 5'3" height makes it easy to climb out that window.

I'm so engrossed in my thoughts, recalling my dream I just had, that I didn't hear anybody approaching until I felt a blanket being wrapped around me. I jumped slightly until I heard Michael.

"Sorry, I heard your window open so I knew you'd be out here. Thought you might get cold."

"Thanks. You just scared me. I didn't hear you coming."

He chuckled, "You must have been deep in thought to not hear a 6'3" klutz try to climb out that tiny window!"

I chuckled at that then took a deep breath and laid down, staring at the stars.

*Michael's POV*

Something is obviously bothering her. I wish I knew what it was. Even Regan said she hasn't been like this in years. She wouldn't tell us what happened to her last time she acted this way. But this is more than her heart ache. Regan told us before I came up here that she just broke up with her ex today. That explains the crying, but what's with her nightmare? It shook her up, that's for sure. I wish she would tell me, but Regan said she doesn't open up to anyone easily. She doesn't trust many people. I want her to trust me. I could never hurt her.

I laid down on the roof next to her in silence, and kept peeking glances at her. She's so beautiful. The moonlight makes her gray eyes sparkle. Gray? When I looked at them earlier, they were blue. What the hell? I must be going crazy!

"I'm sorry," I tell her. The way she scurried away from Ashton earlier should've warned me not to touch her. "I was stupid. I just didn't want you to be uncomfortable."

"No, its okay Mikey," she said with a deep sigh. The way she said my name makes the butterflies already in my stomach have a dance party.

"Its not your fault. I shouldn't have made it seem like it was. I just... I don't know. A lot's happened lately. I just get weirded out easily."

"Do the nightmares happen often?" I blurted out. Shit I shouldn't have asked that.

I turned on my side to look at her, and she did the same. "I know you don't know me, but I'm here to listen."

She thought for a minute and quietly replied, "No, not since... Uh... Not this time. Tonight was a first. I don't think I want to know any more." as she turned back onto her back.

Not since what? This happened before? And something happened again? My heart is breaking for her. I wish I could take all her pain away for her.

We laid out there in silence for awhile til I heard the guys getting ready to leave. "Guess that's my queue to leave. You coming inside?" I asked.

"Yeah, I should apologize to them" she said and she climbed in the window after me.