74.

*Luke's POV*

I try to stay out of Michael and Cara's relationship as much as possible, like I stay out of Calum and Regan's. But Cara has somehow wormed herself into all of our hearts and become more to us than just Michael's girlfriend. She's like the sister I never had.

My past is ruining your chances of a future. Her words keep running through my head. How does she not see that our future is hers as well?

I'm glad Michael followed after her right away. She is so much stronger and confident than she was a few months ago, but sometimes she still needs that extra support that only Mikey can seem to give her.

"Do you think she'll be okay Ash?" I ask.

"I don't know Luke. I mean, yeah, she's strong, but things are moving pretty quick and I'm afraid of what's going to happen when it all catches up to her. I think it already is, and it's just going to get worse."

"Before we met you, it was the three of us. We looked out for each other. Then you joined us and it wasn't us and you, it was all of us, ya know. We never gave it a second thought. Now Cara's come in the picture and it's not us and Cara. She's one of us too. I just don't know how we can make her see that. How to make the fans see that."

Ashton's eyes lit up. "That's what we need to do, Luke! We need to make the fans see Cara as part of 5SOS! They're protective of us, let's make them protective of her, too!"

"But how?"

"I don't know yet, but we'll figure out something!"

*Michael's POV*

We're sitting on the floor in my old room and all I can do right now is hold her. I don't know what I can tell her that I haven't already said countless times over. Her words keep running through my head.

My past is ruining your chances of a future. She sees herself as being separate from us, but she's not. She's more than just my angel, my girlfriend, she's part of 5SOS and what affects her, affects all of us. She sees that, that's why she's upset. But she doesn't see that we wouldn't want it any other way. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. The way Calum put his hand on her leg, Ash held her hand, and Luke sat at our feet during the skype call... That's their way of saying she's one of us. Modest sees that, I just wish she did. And the fans.

"Angel?" I finally say. "Look, I know you're upset. Your past is dark, and it's not your fault. You know that, I know that, we all know that. But what you don't see, is that your past has become ours too. I know you don't like that because you just want to see us succeed, but it doesn't change anything. It's not just 'Cara and 5SOS', you are part of 5SOS. It's a package deal, because we, as in Ashton, Calum, Luke and I, choose for it to be. Whether you like it or not. Even if we were to break up, even if you left and never spoke to us again, you would still be a part of us. We'll never give up on you, so don't give up on us."

*Cara's POV*

"We'll never give up on you, so don't give up on us." Does he have any idea how much those words mean to me? I hate feeling so weak and insecure, I really do. I didn't choose the life I have, fate did. The only thing I can do now is make the best of it. And they are all choosing to do it with me. I love these guys. If there's one thing I've been learning, it's not to feel guilty over other people's choices. That includes these guys that have become as much a part of me as I have become a part of them.

I remove myself from Michael's arms and wipe the tears from my eyes. "Thank you," is all I need to say. He knows I'm thanking him not only for calming me down, but for accepting me as a whole, flaws and all. "Now, I have something to show you guys!"

We stand up and walk out to the living room hand in hand. When we get out there, everyone looks to me with concern. I need to say this first, so I start.

"Before anyone says anything, I want to say something. I want to thank you guys for always being there for me. None of us chose what life has given us, but you guys stuck by me and I can never thank you enough. I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for you. You guys mean the world to me." I'm then in the center of a group hug by the four guys who mean the most to me. "We'll get through this together," Ashton says.

"Now," I say as we pull apart, "I have something to show you!" I grab my laptop and hook it up to the TV, and start the PowerPoint. The sound of Ashton's drums begins and the words "Jet Black Heart" appear on the screen. "By, Cara Davidson and 5 Seconds of Summer". The song plays in perfect timing with the vast array of photos and video clips I've taken over the past several months. I included pictures from Virginia Beach of Michael and I during the lines "As we burst into color, Returning to life". I must admit, even I am impressed with the way it turned out. It looks almost like a music video!

"Damn Cara!" Luke says when it ends, glancing at Ashton, "That's awesome!"

"Thanks!"