Chapter 2

Miria's POV

Shikamaru finally got up because his dad walked in and got Mimi off him.

"Well, well. I didn't think my son would do this on a girls b-day. Especially with her brother in the room." Mr. Nara's words made Shika and I blush. We looked at each other, then I looked away, trying to hide the fact I was blushing.

"What a drag," I said. Standing up. I looked at Kiba, telling him I wanted to go home by the look in my eyes. I took one step forward and fell, knocking Shikamaru to the floor again. I got up and realized he was under me. I stood up and carefully walked to the bedroom door.

"I forgot we had to go find a new puppy for Akamaru and Mimi to play with when we aren't training, come on Kiba." I was good at lying, but Kiba knew I didn't wanna seem rude and just walk out.

"Yeah we do. Mum wants a beagle husky mix this time." Kiba said. We were walking home and sure enough, found a stray beagle husky mix puppy.

"Let's name him Chikaru." I said.

"Let's get him home first." Kiba said. And that's what we did. I smiled at the little bundle of youth and curiosity wiggling in my arms. We got home and Mum looked at us then the puppy.

"Did you go to Shikamaru's house?" Hana asked when she heard an unfamiliar bark.

"Yeah." Kiba said.

"Why is whenever you two go to that boys house house you come back with a dog. Then the next time I see a Nara they ask how the new dog of the breed it is is doing in it's new home." Mum loved the fact we brought dogs home, because we always raised them to be ninja dogs.

"Don't know Mum" I said, a blush still on my face.

"What's wrong sweety?" Mum asked, noticing my blush.

"We woke Shikamaru up with water, and when he was walking towards his dresser he slipped on some water, pinned Miria to the floor, and gave her some lip." Kiba said, knowing this made my face go redder.

"Oh my little baby girl had her first kiss. How cute."

"Mum. I'm a chunin now. You can't treat me like a baby anymore." I pouted.

"I treat your sister like that. RIGHT HONEY!" She called to Hana, who was almost 22.

"It's true" Hana said. "And I'm a Jounin" Kiba laughed.

"We can't forget my little darling." Mum said, messing up Kiba's hair.

"Mum" He whined. I was glad i wasn't the only one to be picked on. There was a knock at the door.

"Well I'm gonna go get Chikaru used to his new home" I said, and left with Mimi and Chikaru. Kiba answered the door. It was Shikamaru.

"I found this on my floor and thought that Miria might want her headband back." He said holding out to Kiba.

"I thought you two went to get a beagle husky puppy mix?" Shika asked. I walked round the corner Chikaru at my left heel, Mimi at my right.

"Oh hey Shikamaru. How was you kiss with Miria?" Mum said, making me turn red.

"Well, um, here's Miria's headband. I have to go help Dad now. See ya later. Happy Birthday." And with that Shikamaru blushed, turned, and ran.

'Did he like it' I thought, blushing brighter.

"Looks like Miria got the hots for a Nara." Hana said, making my face go redder.

"Do not" I said.

"Do too." Kiba got into the argument. I took my headband out of Kiba's hand, put it back on my arm, and walk up to our room. I laid down on my pink bed and looked at the ceiling.

I looked towards my window and saw Shikamaru. I blushed when he opened it and hoped in.

"Shika! What are you doing here?" I said. Shikamaru walked over and locked the. door.

"Miria, we need to talk" I started blush as he walked closer to the bed. I had the biggest crush on him, but couldn't find the heart to admit it to myself. Shikamaru sat on the bed and looked me in the eye. His hazel eyes bore into me.

"Miria I-"