Chapter 6

Miria's POV

Well, I was tired. It's been a month or so since Sasuke left. And the missions where becoming a pain. I went to the Hokage's office and she told me something I never knew.

Gaara had a student, and she was kidnapped. This wasn't gonna be good. I went and got the original team from the Sasuke mission including some others, like Lee, Hinata, Shino, Sakura, and Ino. In other words, the rookie nine, Neji and Lee.

We were going to help them out with it because, well, they needed it. We went as fast as we could, but at the same time we went through strategies. I was still really weak from my last mission, which unfortunately turned out to be an A rank mission.

We got to a tree and waited for Shino to tell us what was going on. It took a while, and I decided to talk to Shikamaru about what has happened over the last few months, since I hadn't been home.

"Well, nothing really. Just the usual."

"How troublesome." I responded, then looked at Kiba. "How has the new pup been doing?"

"You mean Chikaru? He's been complaining since you aren't home. Speaking of which, how was your mission?"

"You mean the C rank that went A rank? Peachy. I used the technique and almost died"

"Damnit Miria! I told you not to use that attack!"

"What a drag." I sighed and looked at the swarm of bugs coming closer.

"We can move ahead now" Shikamaru said.

"Neji, is anyone up ahead?"

"Yes Miria. Temari, and one of the enemy, up a few more miles is Kankuro and another one, they seem to have already engaged in combat. Gaara is still going after the other two."

"Great, you know the plan, split up."

Shikamaru, Ino and I went to help Temari. When we got there, Temari was unconscious and was about to have her head cut off, when Shikamaru used his shadow possession to help her get out of the way.

"She's a wind user too?" I whispered, we did the little thing that they did when they came to help us, only we made it so it made sense for us. We ended up killing her, then saw Gaara falling from the air. We had to hurry. We ran as fast as we could, until I collapsed.

I was still too weak. It took FOREVER to heal after THAT technique. Shikamaru began carrying me and we got to where Gaara and Naruto were fighting this other dude. When we got there, Gaara was put in a metal orb. Then when it open, I blacked out.

When I woke up, everyone was surrounding me. I sat up and stretched, then tried to stand, but only fell back on my ass.

"You okay Miria?" Every asked, except Kiba. He bent down and took out this pill, it was about the size of a soft ball.

"Not that. Anything but that!" I started to scoot away slowly.

"Grab her!" Everyone did, and they held me down. "You have to take the chakra pill, and you know it." Kiba said.

"Doesn't mean I wanna swallow the damned thing! Why does it have to be so fucking big?!" I shot back.

"Swallow the damn pill!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Fuck no!"

"Swallow it or I'll tell mom!" Kiba threatened.

"...Damn you" I took the pill, and after an hour, it FINALLY went down my throat. "I hate that thing. Remind me to tell Tsunade to shrink that fucker."

"Got it."

"Whatever." I sighed, then got up. It was time to head back to the village.

When we got back to the village and the first thing we all did was go to the Kage Tower to tell Tsunade how the mission went. She was very pleased that we finished and that it went well. I got back home and Kiba told me that Naruto was going to go train with Jiraiya for a while. I sighed. That meant WE had to get STRONGER. I went over to Shikamaru's and we went up to his room.

"This is such a drag. Naruto is going to get stronger." Shika complained.

"Well there's nothing we can do about it."

"Hey Miria?"

"Yeah Shika?"

"What is that jutsu you and Kiba keep bringing up." My heart stopped. I couldn't show him. I'D DIE! Literally, die. The chakra pill only helped a little bit. It would have worn off by now.

"I can't tell you. It's difficult to explain"

"Okay" I looked at the floor. I really needed Shikamaru to see that jutsu, but I don't wanna hurt him, or anyone else. Knowing my luck he'll end up turning away from me.

I looked at Shikamaru and smiled. Then I felt this weird pain in my stomach, like a kunai was entering my body at a breakneck speed. I gasped and grabbed my stomach. The pill was gone, and I was still very weak. This was gonna be bad.

"Miria? You okay?"

"Go send someone for Tsunade"

"Why?""

"JUST DO IT!"

"Okay, jeez'um, what a drag." He left the room and 10 minutes later he came back in with his father and Tsunade.

"What's wrong Miria?"

"The pill wore off."

"Oh shit. Help me get her to the hospital!" That's the last thing I heard before I blacked out. When I woke up I was in a hospital. Mimi was sitting next to me, well, sleeping. I looked around the room and saw Kiba and Shikamaru looking at me.

"You okay sis?"

"I think so"

"You passed out again Miria. Is this something serious?"

"She's been having trouble with her chakra since the Sasuke mission. We don't know why."

"It's okay. I'm fine" I coughed and Lady Tsunade came in.

"You shouldn't move Miria. That technique you used during your last A ranked mission, how many times did you use it?"

"I think maybe twice"

"That's why. Your chakra is over depleted. You're gonna be in here for a while."

"Damn"