Chapter 21

Ryu's POV

Miria's out cold and hasn't woke up for the past three hours. I was hoping she'd be up by now. Tsume walked in and sat next to me.

"What is it Ryu?"

"I just thought she'd be up by now. She must have been hit hard."

"Ryu, she's only 16, let her rest. The poison must have been in her for a while or was very potent, she also isn't used to poison like that." I nodded. She was still young. I had almost forgot she's grown though. I still see the small child I had left her as.

I stared out the window. If only more dragons could be able to roam free, the skies here would be full of them and I'd feel more comfortable. Miria probably would too. Tsume kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to go see Hana okay?" I nodded as she left.

"What's wrong Ryu-sensei?" I turned around to see one of my former students.

"Jenemaru, it's been a while."

"A long while Sensei." Jenemaru was a very bright girl and it didn't surprise me that she was a brilliant medical ninja.

"How have you been?"

"Okay. I've been working here since you died." She looked a little upset. She was really close to me, had a discussion with the third that she might try and jump me when she got older, hence the reason I was ready to hold her off.

"Oh really, that's good. How are Jake and James?"

"Jake is an ANBU, James is married and is a teacher in the academy."

"James is married? May I ask who the lucky girl is?"

"Me."

"Well that's great!" I said that for two reasons. First off, she loved him for a while, second, she couldn't jump me. Miria began to stir. "Miria?"

"Papa? Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital again and need to take the chakra pill."

"What? No! That things huge!" I chuckled. Jenemaru pulled out a small pill. "Finally she shrunk it!" Miria took it and right after she swallowed she got this look on her face. "It grows!"

"Yes, Lady Tsunade hasn't been able to keep it small and do the same results yet. You're going to have to deal with it."

"Well at least I'm not breaking my jaw trying to put it in my mouth in the first place." I chuckled again.

"Come on Miria. Mimi's worried." We started home and were almost there when we heard this loud bark and growl, then whimper.

"Mimi!" Miria ran in and I followed. Kiba was sitting next to her and Akamaru was sniffing her and pacing.

"What's going on Miria?"

"Sorry, forgot to tell ya, Mimi's pregnant and just hit labour. Get Hana!"

"She's at work."

"I don't fucking care! If any of these pups die I'll kill you!"

"Why me?!"

"Because you didn't listen to me!"

"I'll call her okay!" They both shut their mouths and I called Hana.

"Hello? Inuzuka Vet."

"Hana, it's me, come home with your mother right now."

"Why's that dad?"

"Mimi is in labour." The phone went dead and the door almost broke of it's hinges.

"Mimi's having puppies! Get her to a comfortable warm spot, get me warm blankets, hot water, paper towels, that nose snot pull thing, a small dog bed, and Akamaru!" He turned and looked at her. "Make sure you help with the puppies." He nodded and all the other dogs tried to get in the house. Miria was right next to Mimi holding her paw.

"It's gonna be okay Mimi. I have a general idea of what this is like and you'll be fine if you listen to Onee-sama oaky?" Mimi nodded and went with Miria to a corner where the dogs went when sick. Mimi laid down and Miria continued to hold her paw while everyone else but her and Hana scrambled to the stuff. After 3 hours Mimi's and Akamaru's pups were born. Four happy bouncing pups. Mimi smiled with Akamaru.

"What are they going to name them?" Kiba of course has to be excited for this, just like Kurenai was when Tsume was pregnant.

"She said that the white boy's name was Yuki, The white girl is Amaterasu, the black girl is Yue, and the black boy is..... Asuma."

"Why Asuma?"

"She wanted Shikamaru to be in there somewhere and really didn't want one based off shadows and her and Akamaru like the sound of Asuma." We all nodded and Mimi laid still while the pups nursed. We managed to get them all to Miria's and Kiba's room and they fell asleep soon after. Miria smiled and went to bed again.

>>FFWD 3 Days later>>

Shikamaru and his team was back, however, Asuma had been killed. Miria had gone with Shikamaru to tell Kurenai the news, which struck her hard since she was also pregnant with his child. Miria and all of team 10 plus kiba sat in the sleep over room with Akamaru, Mimi, and the pups.

Miria's POV

"This is awful. I'm so sorry guys. When's the funeral?"

"Tomorrow at noon." We all nodded. Shikamaru wouldn't stop being bugged by Asuma.

"What's with that one Miria?"

"He's just grown attached to Shikamaru already.

"What's his name?" I bit my lip.

"Mimi and Akamaru named him Asuma." They all stared at the small coyote mixed pup. Amaterasu jumped on Ino's lap while Yuki and Yue jumped into Choji's.

"That's kind of funny. It's like they knew ahead of time and wanted something to remember him by." I laughed a little and they all starred.

"If he really acted like Asuma-sensei then he'd end up smoking." Ino giggled a little, Choji and Kiba laughed a little.

"It's not funny guys!" We stared at Shikamaru.

"I'm sorry Shikamaru." He glared at me and just blew it off, laying on his beanbag and stared at the ceiling biting his lip. I sighed and the rest of us fell asleep.