Chapter 14

Shikamaru's POV

"Who were the ninjas?" I asked.

"I can't remember. I believe they were from the Land of Dragons." Tsunade said.

"And what's this evil entity?"

"Hell if I know. Some dragon statue I think."

"Why didn't you stop them!?"

"Because I was in my office with paperwork and by the time I noticed, Miria was screaming and was gone." I felt so angry. Dammit. I looked at Sakura and Ino, Ino was beginning to get up, Sakura was just beginning to stir. Choji ran in with Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Neji, Ten Ten, and Lee close behind.

"We heard a scream, where's Miria?"

"She was kidnapped and going to be sacrificed in order for the ninjas from the Land of Dragons to take her chakra." They all seemed upset by this, especially Kiba, and Tsunade sent us out.

"This is going to be an A-Rank mission, possibly a S-Rank. Go and get Miria back, and do it now!" We left. How could I allow this to happen to her. I should've made her stay for a little longer. This would have never happened. I hope we're not too late.

Miria's POV

I woke up in this creepy candle lit cave. I tried to move my arms and found that I was tied to the wall. Just great. I looked around. There was this giant dragon in front of me.

This reminded me horribly of that A-Rank mission I went on a few years ago... Shit. I think it was. And... I looked closer at the statue. It was black and it's hands.... claws... were cupped in front of it and its mouth was opened wide. It seemed to be dripping with blood, must have been a recent sacrifice.... and I'm next! A man in a hooded robe came out. He laughed darkly.

"Did you think that your dragon jutsu wouldn't make us come after you? We have wanted the chakra for centuries. And now we finally are going to have it. Your jutsu can only be done by a select few, the last one died about a decade ago, so we couldn't get his chakra, but since you're his daughter, and luckily for us, have inherited his chakra, we will finally be unstoppable." They wanted daddy's jutsu?

Shikamaru's POV

We were heading to the Land of Dragons. What did they want Maria's chakra for? I mean, I know she's powerful, much more powerful than most, well, all, the Kunoichi in the village, most likely the world. So that would be a reason. But what could they gain? What is their goal?

"Damn it, if only I was born eleven minutes later, this wouldn't have happened to Miria." I looked at Kiba. What did he mean?

"What do you mean Kiba?" Thank you Hinata.

"Those born from my dad's side of the family have always been born in pairs, which of course as I hope all of you know, means twins. The second twin almost always gets the dragon jutsu, so my dad was the younger twin. When he and mom mixed the two families, Hana wasn't born with a twin, but Miria and I were. I'm older, so the dragon jutsu was passed to Miria. The Dragon jutsu was originally from the Land of Dragons, but one of my ancestors killed off most of the people because they were using it for wrong, some used it as a form of suicide, some as punishment for murders, who used it to kill. After those who had the jutsu for evil were removed she and her husband came to the Land of Fire and became Leaf ninja, and here we are now. Dad never was able to tell us this, I had to look in the Inuzuka/Ryujin files." Damn. That's some fucked up history. What a drag.

"Is that all you found in them Kiba?"

"No, after my ancestor, whose name was Miria, their was never another boy-girl set of twins, until Miria and I. There was a small legend that a priest told my ancestor's family before her and her brother were born. There weren't many boy-girl twin sets in the Ryujin family, only one other, but they died centuries ago, years before the First Ninja War. The priest told them that years from after their children were born that the next boy-girl twin set would have another girl containing the Dragon Jutsu, and that the Land of Dragons will come back to reclaim what was theirs, and that after the sacrifice of that girl, another war would break, this time between the Tailed-Beasts, and Dragons." Was he serious. What a drag. Another Ninja War will start because someone kills my girlfriend. How troublesome.

"That's awful. All this because of that red and black haired blue eyed freak?" Sakura, I'm going to kill you next time you say that.

"Shut the fuck up you pink haired flat chested man whore!" Holy shit Kiba's more pissed off that I am... to be expected I guess.

Miria's POV

The man kept looking at me with these fucking creeper eyes. It creeped me out. He snapped his fingers and these other hooded people came out. They had all of these herbs and vegetables. Were they gonna eat me?

"We've been having to sacrifice a woman who was still innocent and pure to this alter every 10 years. Covering her in herbs and vegetable broth and place her before the altar, waiting till the Great Black Dragon ate the victim. Our most recent one was done a few weeks ago, the blood still seems to be fresh, if that damn ancestor of yours hadn't taken away the great power, all of those females wouldn't have had to die. But now that we have you, this can be our last sacrifice, and we can finally prove to the world that dragons are superior to the Tailed Beasts, we will prove the Akatsuki wrong and we will rule the world." Akatsuki? They must be the organization Itachi and Kisame are from.

"Once your chakra is extracted into the Great Black Dragon, we will then drink from the blood that pours into his hands, and we will take back the power that was rightfully ours in the first place." Ew, wait what?