Chapter 5

Miria's POV

Well, the big guy was being an ass. Holding Shika upside down and shit. Choji got pissed and told us he was gonna fight him.

"Be careful Choji." And then we left.

"I'm worried about Choji." I said.

"I know. How can he hold him off? He's our weakest link." Kiba said. I sighed.

"He's not our weakest link. Between all of us, Choji has strength." Shikamaru said. I looked at him, and when he noticed me I blushed slightly.

"Hey Miria? You okay? Your face is kinda pink." Naruto said. Damn, he was oblivious.

"She'll be fine, right Miria?" Shika and Kiba said. It made me go redder.

"You see, This is why I'm glad Tsunade decided to be my sensei. Only her and me, with no stupid oblivious boys or ones that are so sure they know everything." Naruto started getting angry.

During the chunin exams one of my teammates died in his match against a sound ninja in the preliminaries. The other one and my sensei were killed in the crossfire of my own special Jutsu. So I was the only one. Then Tsunade took me as a student.

We continued jumping till we got to a tree, telling Choji how to get to us, then Kiba, Naruto, and I left little messages telling him we're waiting for him. When we caught up again with the damned Sound Ninja we tried to get the coffin that Sasuke was in. It failed. We got stuck in this spider web like thing. Shit. We're fucked now. Well, the stupid spider is a pain in my ass.

"What a drag. We're stuck in a troublesome spider web that's hard to break." I said with a sigh.

"Well I think I'll kill you last beautiful"

"Don't call me beautiful you troublesome spider." I said. Damn he was pissing me off. I got free and we left Neji to do his thing. We were getting farther ahead. and I was worried. Choji hasn't come back yet and that spider dude seemed pretty strong. Well, we kept going.

We caught up to them, but waited for daybreak in order to attack. I was leaning against a tree watching them rest. I felt something behind me and took out a kunai. I turned around and put my kunai to the person's throat.

"Calm down Miria. It's me." Shikamaru whispered. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"You really shouldn't sneak up on me you know."

"I know now." I could see his smile in the dim moon light. He looked great. His hazel eyes sparkled and I felt myself floating on cloud nine. That was until Naruto ruined it by jumping over.

"Hey. Miria? What you starin' at?" I almost strangled him.

"Damn it Naruto." Kiba said.

"What?" Naruto really was stupid.

"You dumbass. Shut the fuck up and leave me the hell alone. You're pissing me off you damn bastard" They all stared at me.

"Miria? You okay? You've never used that many swears before." Kiba was a great bro.

"Onii-san? I have a question? Why are we sitting around while the enemy is getting closer to the fucking sound?" It was true. It was now daybreak and they started to move again.

"Shit!" Shikamaru said and we all started moving.

I was kinda tired. We did the plan and I was left with Shikamaru while the others fought the other two. A guy named Kimimaru came and he took Sasuke and we sent Naruto after him. Kiba fell down a cliff with the two headed dude. Shikamaru and I were left with Tauya.

She pulled her flute out and summoned three giant men. They looked really creepy. They started trying to kill Shikamaru, Mimi, and I. I looked at her and she came over to me. We did the Inuzuka's special ability, Human Beast Combination Transformation: Double-Headed Wolf. I tried to get Tauya, but only hurt myself more, and almost killed Shikamaru.

I changed back and tried to stay away from the stupid things again. I was out of breath because it took up most of my chakra. I was so tired. But couldn't do anything about it. I tried to dodge, but it got harder. I was almost drained of chakra when the summoned men opened their mouths and these chakra eating things came out. Dammit. This was gonna be a pain in the ass.

I jumped and almost got hit, Shikamaru did though. Damn it. Well, he hid and started doing this weird maneuver. After he did the first move I realized that there were nine moves. The first one he made, was a distraction. I stayed out of the way and helped when I could. When he finished we were standing there, he had the gruesome trio in a shadow possession and I was standing beside him looking at Tauya. She released her stupid men and put Shika and I in a genjutsu.

For some reason Mimi was never affected by genjutsu, no matter what. Tauya jumped over and Shika got her in shadow strangulation. I had Mimi bite my leg so that I could get out. After a while Shikamaru ran out of chakra and Tauya almost killed him, until Temari stepped in.

I told her the situation and she blew Tauya away. Literally... well... the mongoose she summoned did.... well... actually the mongoose buried Tauya with logs from what used to be the surrounding trees. Anyway, Tauya is dead!

We got back to the stupid hospital. KIba and Akamaru were there, Hana was working on Akamaru, and I asked her to look at Mimi when she was done, just in case. Choji was in critical care, so wasn't Neji. Naruto wasn't here yet. But I had the feeling that he wasn't gonna get Sasuke back. Shikamaru was told how the mission failed by his father and that made him cry.

A few days later we went to the gates to say goodbye to our help, all I knew of was Temari. I didn't know her siblings came too. I saw Gaara and tackle hugged him. I haven't seen him since the chunin exams.

"Miria, get off." Gaara said.

"Hell fucking no! I missed you! You're my bestest friend!" And with that I hugged him tighter.

"Miria. Get off him." Shikamaru said. I started to complain. Then got off.

"Can't wait to see you guys again" I said and smiled bigger.

"Can't wait to see you again too." Gaara said. I smiled again and they left.