Prologue

Prologue

He hid in the shadows across the street from the Foot's Headquarters, keeping his eyes trained on the door. She'd gone in that way with Karai, and he knew she would be led out through the same door. His job was to keep an eye on her at all times until given the word to strike. She must be important, this country girl.

He recalled how the doctor had somehow managed to break through his security systems to speak with him directly, speaking of power and revenge and all the things he'd heard tyrants drone on about for years. The thing that had caught his attention, though, was the mention of something called a Chaos Emerald. That alone wasn't enough; it was when the doctor spoke of another world that his interest was truly piqued. Alien beings and artifacts were his specialty.

Apparently the infuriating Ninja Turtles had taken it upon themselves to protect this human girl and her precious gem, and their involvement was enough to ensure the failure of both the Foot Clan and the Purple Dragons, even when they were working together. Typical.

He would get the job done faster. He was more efficient, more ruthless, and had managed to capture all four of the Turtles as well as their sensei a few times in the past. This time would be no different. This Chaos Emerald might have been a powerful and dangerous weapon, but the girl was not. She was just a kid. Taking her down and getting her to cooperate with the doctor would be the easiest job he'd had in a long time.

It had been a long time since he'd seen any real action, too. If the Turtles were around, they would guarantee a challenging battle, however brief.

He shifted from one foot to the other, keeping to the shadows, eyes never leaving the door. He would keep this girl in his sights at all times. Then, when an opportunity presented itself, he would make quick work of her and her Chaos Emerald. She would live the rest of her life empty-handed, and the gem would be returned to the doctor.

He smirked.

Or so the doctor thought.