Epilogue

Epilogue

Chaos was not finished with her yet.

As the last of the Master Emerald's power left her body, it began to deteriorate. Her screaming stopped as she slipped into unconsciousness and surrendered to the darkness – but not forever. Her human heart stopped beating, her breath slipped past her lips one last time, and her body died. But Chaos was everywhere in that moment, and it reached out to capture her spirit and perform one final transformation.

Another universe was ready for her arrival. Chaos intended to escort her there safely.

The timing had to be perfect; Chaos was leaving Earth and rushing back to its home planet at an incredible rate. The transfer had to be complete by the time the portals closed or it would be too late.

Within seconds Chaos had fled Earth entirely, but it took Kay's spirit with it, up until the very last second, letting it go just as the Genesis Portals closed for good.

The universe reached out to catch what Chaos had deposited, and the final transformation began. Her original hedgehog form was used as a base model for her new reconstruction, and it wasn't long before she once again had arms, legs, and a beating heart. Her spirit was thrust into her new body as the dimensions and timelines settled back into their proper places. Chaos looked upon its Chosen one last time and offered her its sincerest thanks for everything she had done for Mobius.

Then it was gone.

The timing had been perfect; the new universe was ready to accept her arrival. Still floating in the arms of death, her body was gently deposited where she was sure to be found eventually. Then everything was still as the insanity finally spiraled back down to serenity, and all was well on Earth, on Mobius, and here.

And Kay breathed again.

The End

--

*Author's Note* Please read the Afterword on the next page!