Chapter 10

____________Your POV_____________
You walk inside the large castle, and into the mess hall.
As you walk inside, you see that everyone is still there, and all eyes are now set on you.
You fidget a bit, feeling the burning eyes of everyone on you.
You clear your throat, as you say "I apologize for my attitude earlier, it was highly unprofessional, and it won't happen again."
They all stared at you wide eyed, before the familiar voice of Eld speaks up.
"It's fine, we're just glad that you seem to be okay."
"Eh, why would you say that?" You ask, as you tilt your head to the side.
"Well, it seemed that you were very upset about what the man said, and we were kind of worried about you." Petra explains.
"You were......worried?" You asked, almost as if you never heard that word before.
After a few seconds of complete silence, you couldn't hold it any longer, you began to laugh.
"Hahaha, th-that's new! I n-never in all m-my years, ever expect f-for a human to be w-worried about a g-grim reaper." You manage to say as you clutched your stomach, trying to calm your fits of laughter.
After you managed to calm down, you finally manage to say, "Sorry, but thank you for worrying about me."
You look towards Hyosuke and Mizuki, and their jaws seemed to be touching the floor.
"What?" You ask.
"N-Nothing, just never seem to see the day that you would finally be serious about something." Hyosuke said, snapping out if his shock.
"I'm always serious." You say back to him.
"Really, name one time in over a hundred years, did you take something serious?" Mizuki asks.
"What about saving the titan shifters?" You ask, crossing your arms.
"That's doesn't count!" Hyosuke shouts.
"The hell it does!" You shout back.
"No, it does not!" Mizuki and Hyosuke shout.
"Yes, it does too!" You shout.
"No!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"No!"
"Yes!" The two grim reapers shout.
You smirk as you say "See, I told you so!"
"No fair, you tricked us!" Mizuki whines.
"Boo hoo, I won, and that's the end of that!" You say as you stick your tongue out at them.
You then hear the entire mess hall erupt with laughter.
You, Mizuki, and Hyosuke all turn to see that everyone was laughing at the idiocy that they were witnessing.
"What are you guys laughing about?" You hiss, as you wave your fist at them, causing them to laugh harder.
Mizuki was the first to lose her composure, before she started laughing.
Then it was Hyosuke.
You let out a small giggle, that shifted into a chuckle, that soon blown over into hysterically laughing with everyone.
As you laughed, you look to see that Levi was the only one who wasn't smiling, or laughing.
After you had finished laughing, you decided to walk up to him.
Everyone watched as you made your way towards the stoic captain.
Once you were in front of him, you had a very serious face on.
"What?" Levi asks as he raises an eyebrow.
You lift up both hands, before grabbing both of Levi's cheeks, and stretching them, forcing him to smile.
Everyone was trying their best to not laugh as you continued to pull at his cheeks, while Levi's eye was twitching.
"What are you doing, brat?" Levi asks as you continue to pull at his cheeks, you couldn't help it anymore, you burst out laughing as you say "I w-wanted to s-see a smile on y-your face, but it lo-looks like it b-backfired!"
Levi grew a tick mark on his forehead as he brings up a fist, and slams it on top of your head.
Causing you to let go of Levi's cheeks, and clutch your head as you squat down.
"Owie, what was that for~?" You whine.
"Tch, for being a brat." Levi says.
"Eh~, but you didn't have to hit me~." You continue to whine.
"I thought it could've knocked some sense into you." Levi says as he turns around, and began to walk out of the mess hall.
"I'm going to my office." Levi states as he walks out, leaving both Hyosuke and Mizuki on the floor laughing.
You quickly get up, and follow him out.
"Tch, why are you following me?" Levi asks as he continues his way down the corridor.
"Simple, I want to help you out." You say as you stay at his heel.
He suddenly stops, causing you to run into his back.
You take a step back, as Levi finally turns around.
"I thought I told you already, you aren't a slave, you don't have to help me." He says.
"I know, but I want to help you, not as a slave, but as a companion." You say giving him a closed eyed smile.
This causes Levi to suddenly turn around while saying, "Do whatever you want."
You chuckle as he says this, but you could've sworn, that for a fraction of a second, you saw a small, almost invisible, genuine smile on his face, but it could've been the shadow of the candles flickering, playing tricks on you.
You and Levi finally make it to his office, he opens his door, and invites you in.
You casually walk up to the spare seat, and sat down, before picking up a piece of paper, and began reading, as Levi sat down in his seat.
You began to advise him about which papers he should sign, and which he shouldn't.
As you were reading the next piece of paper, you looked up to see that it was past midnight.
You look towards Levi to see that he fell asleep with the pen still in his hand.
You smile slightly, as you silently got up, and quietly made your way to Levi.
You gently took the pen out of his grip, and picked him up, you then walked towards his room, before carefully lying him down onto the bed, but as you went to turn away, you saw that Levi's face began to scrunch up.
'Is he having a nightmare?' You think as you continue to watch Levi.
Sweat had begun to cover Levi's forehead as he toss and turns.
You gently rested your hand against his forehead.
"It's okay." You say, as you began to lightly stroke his hair.
This must've worked, because his peaceful expression once again presented itself on Levi's face.
However, as you went to leave, you felt a hand grab your wrist, and pull you down onto the bed, causing you to yelp out in surprise.
You looked over to see that Levi had a vice grip on your wrist, as he moved his leg over yours, while his other arm wrapped around your waist.
You froze, you had no idea what to do.
Now, you could easily faze through Levi, and be able to get free, but that would also mean losing the feeling of warmth coming off of Levi.
'Its not my fault, so I might as well make the most of it.' You think as you continued to lay by Levi's side, until it was time for him to wake up.