Chapter 12

____________Your POV_____________
It's been a few days, and today was the day of the expedition, and you seem to notice that both Mizuki and Hyosuke seemed to be acting rather odd around their contractors, but they seem to say the same about you.
"I hate these expeditions." You mutter, as you and Levi prepare your horses.
"Tch, yeah I know, but let's just get through it." Levi says as he prepares his horse.
You then notice something, that you couldn't help, but ask.
"Hey Levi, I have a question." You say as you stop what your doing, and fully turn towards him.
"What?" He asks.
"How do you get up on your horse?" You ask.
Levi's face sent completely blank, as a tick mark appears on his forehead.
"What's that suppose to mean?" He growls.
"Well, your horse is a lot bigger than you, and I was just wondering how you got up on it." You say trying to hold back your laughter, but the quivering in your voice gives it away.
"Your dead." He says as he charges at you.
You start to run, as you laugh "I am dead, idiot."
This causes him to chase after you faster.
"Wait, why am I running?" You say to yourself as you stop running, and Levi charges at you, but he merely fazes through you.
"Hahaha, can't get me now!" You shout out in victory.
"Damn brat." Levi grumbles, but then you could see his expression change.
He turns to you, and gives you a smirk.
"Hey (F/N), remember you said that a grim reaper has to do what the contractor says." He says, his smirk growing.
Your expression changes from joy to that of complete horror.
"Uh oh." You mutter as you try to run, but its too late.
"(F/N), stop!" He shouts, and your body freezes.
'Shit!' You think, as you nervously turn your head to see that Levi was making his was towards you.
----------------Time Skip------------------
"Hahaha, t-thats too funny!" Mizuki howls, as you rub the red spot on your forehead.
"Yeah, ha-ha very funny, but damn he has a hard ass head." You grumbled.
"Bwahahaha, I-I can't believe he head-butted you!" It was Hyosuke's turn to start laughing.
You threw out more grumbles and curses at them, as you and everyone else ride to the gates.
You ride next to Levi.
"You have a hard head." You say to him.
Levi just clicked his tounge in annoyance.
"Come on, I was just kidding, can't you take a joke?" You say as you nudge Levi.
Levi just slapped the back of your head, earning a small 'ow' from you.
"Jeez, your still angry?" You ask as you rub the back of your head.
"Look, I'm sorry for your short size, really I feel bad for you." You say chuckling, but soon stop at the glare Levi gave you.
"Fine, I'll stop teasing you." You say as you stare forward.
Your face turns serious as the gates open, and everyone rides out.
After about thirty minutes of riding, you were in a large plain, with only a few trees here and there.
You soon spot a titan a mile away.
"Levi." You say.
"Yeah, go ahead." He states.
You quickly warp yourself behind the titan, as you summoned your scythes.
You quickly take a chunk of flesh out of the nape of the neck, ending the creature's life.
You warp yourself back to Levi's side.
It's been about another half an hour, before reaching the forest of, what Levi calls it, 'Big Ass Trees'.
There were no titans around, that is until about fifteen minutes of riding in the large forest, then a horde of titans had appeared.
"Levi, want me to take care of 'em?" You ask.
Levi nods his head, as you instantly jump from your horse, and float in midair.
The titan's pay no attention to you, as you summon your scythes, and began to take down the titans in a matter of seconds.
As you were dealing with the last titan of the group, you didn't seem to see the one behind you.
It knocked you out of the air like a fly, you crashed into a nearby tree, creating a small crater around your body.
You quickly got up as you shout "Hey asshole, that hurt!"
You quickly got rid of the two titans, before catching up with Levi, and the rest.
"Are you okay?" You hear Levi ask as you land back on your horse.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me. I am the grim reaper, so that means that I won't be able to die so easily." You say cheerfully, trying to get rid of the horrible aura surrounding everyone.
After a few more minutes of riding, more titans had appeared.
You quickly took care of them, along with everyone else from the squad.
After everyone was done taking care of the titans, you saw the flare to retreat.
You, Levi, and everyone else began to make your way towards the plain, but as you were riding to the meeting point, more titans seemed to have appeared.
"I'll take care of it." Levi states as he shoots off towards the titans, and you soon follow behind.
"Tch, head back I got this." Levi hisses.
"No." You state as you take down one titan, while Levi takes care of another one.
"You're so fucking stubborn." Levi mutters.
But, as he was saying this, he failed to notice the large hand coming towards him.
You quickly warp yourself behind him, and wrapped your arms around him, taking the blow of the titan's hand.
You quickly turn around so that your back would hit the ground, which was very painful, but you just grit your teeth as you hit the hard ground. You skid to a stop a few feet away, a line of dug up dirt following behind you in a form of a trail.
When you finally came to a stop, you had cuts all over your face, arms, and legs.
But, you knew that they would heal in a matter of seconds.
You unwrap your arms from Levi, as you ask "Are you okay?"
He carefully got up off of you, as you managed to get up, but you winced, and from the unpleasant feeling in your back, you knew that you popped something out of place, but like always, you wouldn't die from it, and it would only take a few seconds for it to heal.
So, you being you, you quickly warped back to the titans, and took care of them.
You then went back towards Levi.
"You didn't answer me, I asked if your alright?" You ask again, but Levi remains silent.
"Hey-" before you could continue, you were interrupted by Levi.
"Are you fucking stupid!?" He yells, startling you.
"You could've been seriously fucking hurt!" He continues to yell.
"Levi-" you try to speak, but Levi just continues to yell at you.
As he went to continue to scold you, you quickly wrapped your arms around Levi.
"Levi, I'm okay. Even if I got hurt, I won't die." You say gently, and only then did you take notice that Levi was shaking, but it was almost unnoticeable.
You quietly rubbed circles in his back, as you continue to sooth him.
After a few minutes of doing this, he finally seems to calm down.
You let go of Levi, and took a step back.
"Are you okay, now?" You ask, earning a nod from Levi.
"You have to keep in mind that I am not human. I am the thing the humans fear. I am death, so don't go assuming that you can get rid of that easily." You say, giving him a wide smile.
He seems a lot more relaxed now.
"Tch, your too fucking annoying to die, that's probably the reason your a grim reaper now." Levi says as he turns his head to the side.
"Ehh~, Levi that's mean." You whine as you and Levi began to walk towards the horses that had found their way back to both of you.
Levi clicked his tounge, as both you and Levi made your way back to the rest of the group, where you would ultimately head back to the walls.