Chapter 15

____________Your POV_____________
You were walking side by side, with Levi, getting ready for dinner, and when you opened the doors to the mess hall.
Your eyes widen in surprise as you took a step back.
In the mess hall, were new cadets that you only met when you were getting the other titan shifters.
"What the hell!" You exclaim.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, we have new cadets." That was all Levi said, before walking inside.
"Gee, thanks for telling me now." You mutter sarcastically, as you slowly walk inside, all the new cadets seem to have their eyes on you, making you slightly uncomfortable.
"Hey, your the grim reaper, right?" An arrogant voice calls out, and you immediately know who this voice belongs to.
"Yeah, what about it Jean?" You ask, causing the boy's mouth to open in shock.
"How did-" before he could finish his sentence, you interrupted.
"Like I said before, I am death." You say simply before walking over to Levi and his squad.
You clapped your hands together, and a full buffet of different kinds of foods appear.
"Thanks (F/N)!" Petra exclaims as she begins to dig into the food, along with Levi, the rest of the squad, Hanji, Erwin, Mizuki, and Hyosuke.
Everyone else stared in shock at the food before them.
"Well, what are ya waiting for? Dig in!" You exclaim, as you take a bite of food.
Before long, the chatter of the new cadets seem to continue on, as they began to dig into the meal that you had conjured up.
But, before you could take another bite of food, a very timid voice calls out.
"E-Excuse me, but I was wondering something." You turn to see a small blond male.
"Go ahead, Armin." You say, giving the small boy a kind smile.
"I was wondering if its true that you have scythes?" Armin asks.
"Yeah, but we usually just use it for difficult souls, or for attacking." You explained.
"May I see it?" He asks.
"Sure." When you agreed, nearly the entire mess hall had ceased any noise, and every pair of eyes are on you.
You quickly got up, and walking to the middle of the room, before holding out your hands, causing your scythes to appear.
A few gasp in shock, while others have their mouths open in amazement.
You smirked as you threw one of the scythes onto the air, before catching the chain, and begin spinning it.
"Although the shape is a bit odd compared to a normal grim reaper's scythe, it does have its use." You say as you stop spinning the scythe, and caught it by the handle.
"Tch, show off." You heard Levi mutter.
"Eh, come on Levi, you just had to ruin a moment for me, didn't you?" You whine, causing the whole mess hall to burst into a laughing fit.
You couldn't help it, as it started with a simple chuckle, that soon blown over into hysterical laughter.
After your laughing fit was done with, everyone began asking questions about you, and what its like being a grim reaper.
"How old are you?" Connie asks.
"Ehh~, that's a personal question, ya'know." You say, causing the boy to blush in embarrassment.
"But, if you must know. I am 28 years old, at least that was how old I was when I died." You say casually.
"Eh, how old are you now?" Sasha asks.
"Um, I think somewhere around 670." You say, as you put your index finger on your chin.
"Anymore questions?" You ask.
"Yeah, how did you die?" Eren asks, earning a slap to the head by Mikasa.
"That's rude, Eren." She scolds.
"Ah, no, its fine. Let's see, I can't remember very well of my human life, but I think I was killed." You say, causing the entire mess hall to be silent.
"What do you mean killed?" Hanji asks.
"Well, I don't know if I remember correctly, but I believe that I was murdered, I sometimes remember a few things from my human life, and all I remember about the murder is that there was a lot of blood, and a knife, but that's it." You say shaking your head.
"I'm sorry, I didn't-" before Eren could say anymore, you cut him off.
"That was a long long time ago, besides, whoever murdered me is buried six feet under by now." You say chuckling a bit.
"Yeah, I guess your right." Eren says, scratching the back of his head, and soon after the heavy atmosphere disappeared, and was replaced by a happier one.
But, you were unaware of the dark aura surrounding Levi.
After dinner you were walking aimlessly around, when a hand shot out, and grabbed your arm.
You quickly turned on your heels, only to be met with the sight of Levi standing there, latched onto your arm.
"Levi?" You call out, but he doesn't say anything, he just starts dragging you down the corridors, before arriving at his office.
He dragged you inside, before he closed the door, and locked it.
"Who did it?" He hissed.
"Huh?" Was all you were able to say.
"Who fucking killed you?" He hisses dangerously low.
"Like I said before, I can't remember." You say casually.
"How can you be okay with that!?" He shouts, and you flinch a bit at the loudness of his voice.
"How can you be okay with the fact that you were killed. It was their fault that you ended up like this!" He continues to shout.
Your eyes widen a bit, before they return to their original size.
You then gave him a gentle smile as you say, "Levi, when you haven't forgiven those who hurt you, you turn your back against your future. When you forgive, you start walking forward."
"What?" Levi asked shocked.
"What I'm trying to say is that, its true that if that person didn't kill me, I wouldn't have had to suffer this fate, but then again, that would mean that we would have never met. I forgive that person not because I want to, but becaise I need to. Without dieing, I would never have met you, or anyone else here for that matter. The best thing I can do is keep my gaze locked forward, and start to walk down this path one step at a time." You say, giving him a calm, and gentle smile.
Levi just stands there, his eyes open wide, as his mouth hangs agape a moment in the expression of shock, before it disappears, a scowl replacing his features.
"Your so fucking confusing." He grumbles.
"That's what you said when we first made the contract." You say laughing.
You see a ghost of a smile as he says "Yeah I guess so."
"By the way, I'll kill that person if I ever meet him." Levi suddenly says.
"Geez, way to kill the moment there." You sigh.
"Great, then you can reap it." Levi teases.
"Oh ha-ha-ha, very funny, Levi." You say sarcastically.
"Besides, you don't have to worry about the person who killed me, like I said before, this happened hundreds of years ago, they're most likely dead by now." You say, as you sit on the nearby couch.
"Yeah, I know, but it still pisses me off." Levi grumbles as he crosses his arms.
"Aw~, so cute!" You tease.
"Tch, whatever, I'm going to bed." Levi says as he turns around, going into his bedroom.
But, you could've sworn that you saw a blush cover his cheeks.
You chuckle as you lie down on the couch, awaiting the coming morning.