Chapter 16

____________Your POV_____________
It has been about a week, since the conversation you and Levi had.
Today was another expedition, but this time the new cadets will be joining us.
"I have a bad feeling about this." You grumbled as you sat upon your horse.
"Tch, just ignore it. This is an expedition after all, you can't expect this to always be a good thing." Levi says as his horse stands by yours.
You stare straight ahead as you say "I guess your right."
The gates open, and everyone files out, and goes in separate directions.
You follow Levi, and the rest, being sure to keep an eye on your surroundings.
'This damn feeling just won't go away.' You think as you look around.
As you were in deep thought, you saw a flare go off in the distance, causing you to snap back to reality.
"Shit, its a fucking deviant." You mutter as you keep your eyes wide open for the titan.
You immediately saw it heading from the left side.
You couldn't help, but chuckle at the idiotic running style it was doing.
"The most threatening thing to humans, and its running like a fucking idiot." You mutter as you warp to it, while summoning your scythes.
You quickly slice a chunk of flesh out of the nape of the neck.
But, as you were dealing with this threat, it seemed that more titans had appeared.
'Shit, there's so many!' You think as you warp yourself back, and began slicing away at the napes of the titans, but one grabbed the chain of you scythe.
"Shit!" You yelled as it pulled down on it.
You saw yourself heading for the ground at top speed, before crashing into the hard ground.
You coughed as dust surrounded you.
You felt immense pain in your body, as you carefully got back up.
"Ow." You mutter, as you straighten you back, causing it to crack back into place.
"That fucking hurt." You mutter to yourself as you grabbed the chain of your scythes, and pulled on it, taking off the creature's hand in the process.
It screamed in agony as it launched itself at you, but you easily evaded it.
"Shut up, will you." You mutter coldly as you take slice the nape.
"See, that wasn't so hard now was it, you big baby." You say as the titan falls by your side, causing dust to pick up, and blowing your (H/L) (H/C) hair around.
After you were done taking out the rest of the titan's, you were looking around for Levi, but you couldn't find him.
You finally saw that everyone was in a small circle.
You could feel panic begin to consume your body as you pushed your way through, your eyes widen at the scene before you.
In front of you was Levi, he had a wound on his abdomen, that you immediately knew was fatal to humans.
"No way." You breathed shakily, as you slowly made your way to Levi.
"What happened!" You shouted to the nearest person, who happened to be Eren.
"H-He saved me, I was about to be eaten by a titan, but captain saved me." Eren said shakily.
You clenched your teeth together as you kneeled beside Levi.
He had his eyes closed, his breathing and heartbeat were becoming uneven.
This causes you to clench your teeth tighter together to keep yourself from screaming out.
You tilted your head down, so that your bangs were shadowing your (E/C) eyes.
(Please listen to song above.)
"Sorry, Levi." You mutter, as you wait for the inevitable to happen.
"Can't you save him!" Gunther shouts.
But, you didn't say anything.
You could hear everyone shout at you, begging you to do something, but you knew that you couldn't do anything to prevent his untimely death.
And this thought was killing you on the inside.
You felt Levi's heart stop, causing your head to snap up.
You had a deep frown etched on your lips as you stare at Levi.
You already knew what you were going to do.
You placed you hand in Levi's chest, before the familiar blue light shines around it, allowing you passage to grab his soul.
You could feel everyone staring at you as you do this.
You carefully extract his soul, and once it was out, you stared at it, a soft smile on your lips.
"See, told you that you had a kind soul." You mutter as you stare at the small blue orb I'm your hand.
"You had such a hard life." You mutter as you brought your head down, so that the small blue orb was touching your forehead.
You slowly brought it away from you, as you mutter under your breath, "Please, forgive me."
You lifted your hand up, and shouted "I hereby send this soul of Levi Ackerman, back to his original body!"
When you shouted this, the soul lifted from your hand, and floated back down Levi's body, his body began to glow a light blue, as the wounds on his body began to heal.
You quickly picked up Levi's body, and turned around, as you said "We're heading back."
No one said anything on the way back.
"Is captain okay?" Eld asks.
You only nodded your head, as you gently placed Levi on the injured cart.
Once you made your way back, you explained what had happened to Erwin, Mizuki, Hanji, and Hyosuke.
"You know the consequences, right?" Hyosuke asks sadly.
"Yeah, I know, all I have to do is wait." You say, giving him a sad smile, as everyone begins to pack up, and head back to the walls.
____________Levi's POV____________
I awoke to a white ceiling.
I looked around, and realized that I was in the infirmary.
My eyes widen as I realize that I was suppose to be injured, but when I lifted the covers, I found no wound.
"What the-" before I could finish, a voice interrupted me.
"You can thank (F/N) for that." A voice said.
I looked up, and found Hyosuke leaning on the doorframe, with his arms crossed.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You died, that's what happened." Hyosuke stated casually.
"But, how-" before I could finish, Hyosuke once again interrupted me.
"(F/N) took your soul, and sent it back into your body." He stated seriously.
"Where is she?" I asked.
"Being taken away by other grim reapers." He stated, causing my eyes to widen.
"What!?" I shout.
"What she did is forbidden, she will be prosecuted, and then, depending on how things turn out, she will be executed." Hyosuke stated grimly.
"But, she's already dead!" I shout.
"Yes, but that doesn't mean that we can't just erase her soul." He stated harshly.
"Where is she now!?" I ask hastily, but Hyosuke didn't say anything, he just stepped aside.
I scrambled out of bed, and I ran out of the room.
I ran until I was outside, I continue to run, until I saw three figures on a small hill.
As I was running closer, I realize that it was (F/N).
I picked up my pace, and before long, I was only a few feet away from her, she had her hands tied behind her back, with two cloaked figures standing by each of her sides. They had their hoods covering their faces, so you couldn't tell who it was.
"Idiot, what are you doing!?" I shout.
"I should be saying the same thing." I hear (F/N) say, but she still has her back towards me.
I couldn't say anything, or rather, I didn't know what to say.
"You know Levi, the only times the grim reaper cries, is when it feels immense pity for a soul, which is why I managed to save you, by crying that single tear. Though I don't think I should call it crying." She explains, but when she turned her head over her shoulder, my eyes widen.
"But, why is it, that I can't stop these tears." She says smiling, as tears pour down her face.
As I went to open my mouth to say something, one of the cloaked figures had interrupted me.
"Time to go." The voice sounded gruff, as a portal had appeared before them.
"Bye Levi, I love you." I hear (F/N) mutter as she was forcefully pushed into the portal.
That was it.
The portal disappeared, and that would be the last time I would ever see her.
I fell to my knees, not believing what had just happened.
I clenched my teeth, before letting out a heart wrenching scream, as I pound on the ground with my fist, until my knuckles were covered in my own blood.
"Dumbass." I say shakily as my own tears fall down my face.
My raven hair were shadowing my steel colored eyes, so that no one could see the pain in my eyes, or the tears that cascade down my face.
"Dammit." I mutter as I stay in my crouched position.
To be continued...