Chapter 18

___________Levi's POV____________
I was sitting in the mess hall, and although I don't show it, I am very depressed.
I take a sip of my tea, when suddenly, I am tackled out of my seat, and onto the floor.
My cup, which was previously in my hand, is now across the room, shattered into thousands of small pieces.
"What the fu-" before I could finish my sentence, I look up, causing me to stop.
My breathing hitched, as my eyes widen.
"Yo, how's it going my little bastard?" The familiar voice that I know, rings in my ears.
"(F-/N)?" I ask hesitantly.
"Geez, who else would I be." She says chuckling.
I went to open my mouth to speak, but a pair of voices interrupt me.
"(F/N)!" The voice of Mizuki and Hyosuke ring out throughout the mess hall.
"Hey, how's it going!?" (F/N) shouts as she stands up, only to be tackled down by Hyosuke and Mizuki.
"H-Hey guys." (F/N) stutters as she struggles in the hugs that Mizuki and Hyosuke have her in.
"How did you make it out!?" Mizuki shouts.
"Ah, well, about that, I have a punishment to do, and so do the two of you." (F/N) says, causing me to go pale.
"W-What!?" I shout out.
"Oh, don't worry, its nothing that bad." She says.
After a few minutes of talking, (F/N) explains on how she is suppose to guard me, until I die. Where I am then to be turned into a grim reaper, and be (F/N)'s partner after being taught on how to be a grim reaper.
"But, what about our punishment?" Mizuki asks.
"Oh yeah, almost forgot. You and Hyosuke are suppose to do the same, but the only difference is that your suppose to do it with your own contractors." (F/N) states.
"What!?" They both shout.
"Yep, that's our punishment, such a shame too." (F/N) says smirking, as she shakes her head.
"Yeah, I guess it is." Hyosuke says chuckling.
"Well, since that's over with, I should go and tell the others that I'm back." (F/N) says, before turning around.
"Tch, no yet." I state as I grab (F/N)'s wrist tightly, before dragging her out of the mess hall, and into the corridors, before finally stopping at my office, where I then roughly toss (F/N) into it, before closing the door, and locking it.
____________Your POV_____________
You see Levi lock the door, causing you to gulp down harshly.
"L-Levi?" You stutter, but he doesn't say anything, his raven hair obscuring his face, so that you couldn't see the expression he was wearing.
He got closer to you, causing you to walk backwards, that was, until your back hit the wall, causing you to slide down onto the floor.
'May I curse you forever wall.' You think bitterly as Levi continues his assent towards you.
"L-Levi, listen, I'm sor-" before you could finish you sentence, you felt a pair of arms wrap around you, before bringing you in for a bone crushing hug.
"Dumbass!" You hear Levi shout, as he brings you even closer to his chest.
"I thought I lost you, don't ever do that again. Ever!" He says, his voice cracking just a bit.
You then felt something wet, begin to drip down onto the top of your head.
Your eyes widen a bit, when you realize that for the first time that you saw Levi, he was crying.
You eyes soon return to their original size, before a soft smile made its way onto your lips.
"Sorry." You mutter, as you bring your arms up, and wrapping them around Levi softly.
"I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm sorry." You mutter, as you continue to hug Levi gently.
He only continues to tighten his hug on you, as if he were to let let you go, you would once again disappear from him.
After about ten minutes pass, Levi finally calmed down enough to let you go.
The two of you stayed in absolute silence, before the grumbling of a stomach broke it.
Your eyes widen, as you try your best not to laugh.
You look up at Levi, and choked out "Your hungry?"
His face turned a bright red, as he stuttered "S-Shut up, I-I hadn't eaten anything since you were gone."
He quickly turned around, and marched to the door.
"Then I'll go prepare dinner then." You chuckled as you got up, and made your way to the door.
"Tch, you better, your food is the only acceptable shit that I would eat." Levi says as he walks out the door.
You couldn't hold it in anymore, you burst out laughing, clutching you stomach.
You looked up, and saw that Levi's face turned an even brighter red.
"S-Shut up!" He spits harshly, but this caused you to laugh even harder.
After you were finished laughing, you finally made your way back to the mess hall, only to find that everyone was there.
You smiled deviously, as you came up with an idea.
You silently closed the door, as you warped to the center of the mess hall, floating in mid-air.
"Boo!" You shout, causing a few to scream, while others jump up.
You laugh as you say, "Its good to see everyone again."
They all soon surround you, as soon as your feet hit the ground.
They all begin to question you about how you escaped, or what the punishment was.
You began to fill everyone in, on what had happened.
After you were done explaining, they all remained quiet.
"What's the matter?" You ask, a few of them had dejected faces.
Eren was the first to speak up.
"Well, its just..." He trailed off.
"Just what?" You ask, tilting you head to the side.
"It's not fair!" He shouts.
"Eh, what do you mean?" You ask.
"It's because, you guys get to stay together, while we have to stay separated from you guys." Eld states calmly.
You just stared wide-eyed at them, before breaking into another fit of laughter.
"What's so funny!?" Eren shouts.
"If you guys really want to become grim reapers, then I can put in a good word for you, when you die." You say, continuing to laugh.
"Really!?" Petra shouts.
"Yep, to tell ya the truth, we actually need more grim reapers, so you guys should be hired for the job easily." You say, wearing a small grin.
"Alright!?" Nearly everyone shouts.
-----------------Time-Skip-----------------
It's been about two thousand years, since that conversation happened, and all the titans were defeated around the same time you and everyone had that conversation.
Everyone did as they wanted, and they all became a grim reaper, and its been quite lively in the underworld.
Levi, and everyone else seemed to have easily learned how to be a grim reaper.
Although, when everyone died, it was kinda sad for you.
Levi had lived his life fully while being around you, but he unfortunately died from old age, although, when he became a grim reaper, he reverted back to his original age of when he first met you.
Eren died after he defeated the last titan, the people in the walls wanted to execute him, along with the other titan shifters.
Everyone else either died by a titan's hand, illness, or simply old age.
But, like Levi, once they became a grim reaper, they all reverted back to the age of when they first met you.
You and Levi watch from the skyscraper as people below you pass by.
"A lot has changed since two thousand years ago." You say, staring at the humans before you.
"Yeah, and a lot more people have appeared as well." Levi states emotionlessly, as he crosses his arms.
"Yeah, what's the number now?" You ask.
"I think around 7 billion, I don't know, I don't keep track anymore, I'm more concerned about doing my job." Levi huffs.
You laugh as you say, "Yeah, speaking of which, should be starting in 3..." You began.
"2..." Levi states.
"1!" Both of you shout, as the sound of screeching tires are heard, before a thump of a body hitting against the car.
You soon hear screams of the surrounding people.
"It's odd how suddenly people can't see us anymore." You state as both you and Levi float down to the body that lays still in front of a car.
"Yeah, but I'm not complaining." Levi states, as you and Levi walk through people.
"Oh, how so?" You ask chuckling.
"Because, then I won't have to worry about some asshole staring at you." He states harshly, as you both stand in front of the body.
You giggle at the comment, as you take the soul, and send it to to heavens above in the familiar form of a white dove.
You and Levi walk away, ignoring the shouts of people around you.
But, before you and Levi could jump up onto the nearby skyscraper, you hear a voice call out to you.
You and Levi turn, only to find a small boy, around the age of five.
"Who are you?" The small boy asks innocently.
You smirk, as you and Levi say something at the same time, before jumping onto the skyscraper, leaving the boy behind in order to prepare for the next job, all the while to spend the rest of eternity together.

"We are death."

The
End.