Chapter 1 The Final Ride

It was the last ride of the season. And everyone got together. But, of coarse I was going out with my group; the only people my age that I know have horses. Dustin, the boy of the group, owned a chestnut gelding with a white blaze, socks, and a beautiful black main and tail. Madeleine, owns a fjord. Next is Sydney,  she owned a draft cross. It wasn't as tall as a normal draft. And then there was me I had a white and gray paint, wich I thought was the most beautiful horse of them all. We got to the campground and set up. The parents build a campfire as we explored a little. Finally it was time to ride. We tacked up our horses as the parents started off. We always go on the longer loop.

"Lets go!" I said as I jumped into the saddle. And we raced down the trail as fast as we could, laughing and singing as loud as we wanted. Other riders whispered to themselves as we went past, but we didn't care we were having fun. Finally we slowed down and rested for awhile there was a cliff we always stopped on. Our horses got a drink while we chatted along.

"So you want to roast marshmallows when we get back." Sydney said.

"Ya!" We said in course

" Wow look at that sun set!" a hush of wind blew through the trees." Well we better get back before it gets dark. Whata you guys think?"

" Yup."

" Why not."

So we climbed in our saddles and made our way back to the camp.

Sorry for the short chapter. This is my first book. It gets more interesting as you go more in.