Chapter 18 A Rude Awakening

( Ok so now its March 14 )

Sydney's (POV)

     Last night was horrible. All of us felt sick and tired and worn out. A still feel a little weird. Daphne found a CD that told us why. It said:

     Hello. You must be feeling sick or tired or worn out. We can tell you why. Winter is gone it is another season, that means you get weaker. Your powers are weaker. Don't worry you will only feel like this for a day or 2.  Then you can get back to what you are doing...

     So ya. That happened. And to top it all off... I had another nightmare. The cloaked figure again. This time it enveloped Dustin with dark energy. And Dustin killed us all. Daphne seems really worried. Unlike last time. She goes out every day and does something. I'm going to try to follow her today.

     " Hey I'm going out."~

     " Ok " Madeleine called from upstairs.

     I followed Daphne on foot. She was on her horse.

     " Come on Winter. Faster." She stopped. And before me a saw a battle ground.  I hid behind a tree. Daphne was at a battle ground! What was she doing here? She picked up a wooden staff and it started to glow. Whoa what is that? Then I heard a battle cry. A snowy figure lunged at her. Gracefully she took it down. 2 more came. She used one to take down the other. When she was done she put on armor and dropped her staff. She picked up a sword. Then practiced with that. Next she hopped on Winter and took off with a bow. I followed her the best I could. From what I saw she ran by targets hanging from a tree or an actual tree, and she hit them. She sometimes used her powers and sometimes her bow. Wow, what does she know?

     Back at home I talked to her. " Daphne, I might of kind of followed you to your trainy thingy. But before you get mad let me tell you why." She had a fearful look on her face.

     "What!?"~

     " I know but you are acting strange is something up?*

     " No>" I gave her a serious face. " Ok well ya."~

     " What is it."

     " If you want me to tell you we have to go far away somewhere."~

     " Ok lets do it." So we rode far up the mountain. When we got there we sat down tied up our horses and talked. " OK what's up."

     " Well everything is happening. When I was in the barn with Dustin, he was different."~

     " What do you mean? *

     " Well... I could sense something... Dark energy. It was just pouring out of him. It hurt me, I was almost nocked over." I gasped.

     " So what are you thinking?"*

     "  Well with your dream of Dustin, and me feeling that energy, and all the talk of Emma; I well got worried. I think somethings going to go wrong sometime soon now.

     " Hmmm..." I thought about it for a while. " I guess, ya."*

     " So I'm preparing for the enviable."~

     " Sure." ~ Then I heard Daphne moan. "S s s Sid. "~

     " Daphne are you ok!?!??"* I reached for her.

     " S s s stay B b b b back!"~

     I stepped back. She fell from her feet. I could she her tattoo now glowing furiously blue. S s s Sid... I L o o v e... Y o uu."~ Her tattoo turned black. And she looked at me with a crooked smiled face of "good bye" then fell.

     " Daphne?" I cautiously walked over to her. " Daphne?" I touched her. Then I realized. " NO! s she ca a nt be!" I started cry.

     Merry Christmas! Happy new year!