13

"Knee down"

"I'm already on the floor, bustard."

"Stop sassy around and do what I say!"

I sigh and knee down. I saw the first red shirt guy come over me.

"Where's the man?" I ask but earn a snicker.

"Right where you'll go"

"She didn't show any symptoms, nearly gone crazy. Think maybe the Flare have new trick?"

"Maybe, I'll report to the upper soon."

"The upper?" I butt in.

"Shut up, you're coming with me honey" He handcuffs my hands and pull me onto my feet, dragging me down the street.

We walk a few block down the street, he put his gun behind my neck, threaten to pull the trigger if I made any move he hate. It's quite a silence walk.We keep walking until we arrive to a small white car. He hit my head with the tip of his gun; urging me to get in.

"Ouch, can't I at least given the honor to do something in sweet peace?"

"Damn, I hate you woman!"

I stand there,searching maybe Minho is somewhere, waiting to same me? No, nothing. Disappointed? I don't know, I have enough of that feeling with WICKED. He open the locks and it clicked, he opened the back door, his gun trained on me the whole time.

"Get in. Easy does it."

I hesitated, searching the streets for anyone, anything. The area is empty, but out of the corner of his eye he noticed movement. A hovering machine almost as large as a car. He spun to look and the cop machine swerved onto the street two blocks down and started heading their way. A humming sound grew louder as it approached. Just as i looked up at Red Shirt the air filled with the sound of heavy gunfire. Then Red Shirt was stumbling backward, jerking and twitching. bullets tore into his chest, sparks flying as they hit the metal mask. He dropped his gun, and his mask fell off as he slammed into the wall of the closest building. I watched in stunned horror as the man slumped onto his side.

"Get out of the car, Minna."

I shivered. I would know that voice anywhere, very clear.

It was Janson. The Rat Man.

"Minna, I'm going to be frank with you. The only reason we haven't come to Denver to retrieve you is because the infection rate is astronomical. This was our safest means of contacting you. I'm urging you to bring yourself in and complete the testing."

I feel like yelling wanted to scream at the man. Why would i return to WICKED? But the Red Shirt's attack-his body only feet away-was too clear in his mind. He had to play this right. "Why would I come back?"

Janson's expression was blank. "We've been using our data to select a Final Candidate, and you're the one. We need you,Minna as a base line. It all rests on your shoulders."

"Why me? I'm not immune anyway"

"We still want you. The world need you, it's your choice to choose, but choose wisely and not because of other people. Your failure to choose will only result the worse."

"Hate you" I whisper under my breath.

"Come with that again." So, he hear me then.

"I'll think of it, give me time."

"Fine then, I know you'll only choose the best. And one more thing, your friend, Newt is in danger"