22

"Okay, we're good to go" Lawrence suddenly said.

I wake up from my day dream and quickly yell;

"Stop!"

"What?! What?!"

" My friend, he's out there."

"You still call that monster your friend? There's no time to joke."

"Fine with you if you think I'm joking, but I'm going to meet him."

"Wait, girl! Are you insane?"

"Just keep the van ready, just in case. It won't take long- I hope"

"Fine then, but if anything wrong happened, I'll start shooting and I don't care if there's your nanny or your uncle out there. If necessary I even will shoot you."

"Thanks"

By that, I jump out of the van and run to the boy. Newt looked horrible. His hair had been torn out in patches, leaving bald spots that were nothing more than red welts. Scratches and bruises covered his face; his shirt was ripped, barely hanging on to his thin frame, and his pants were filthy with grime and blood. It was like he'd finally given in to the Cranks, joined their ranks fully. I'm scared if I'll be one of them.

"Hey. Newt. It's me, Minna. You still remember me, right?"

"Yeah, the crank who refuse her destiny to become an infected person. The one that I trusted with the note!"

That word teared my heart away.

"Please Newt,.."

"There's no more words to say, you should join us. I don't understand you, why would you be with the healthy person when you can make them just like you!"

"Newt, stop! Please, come with me, your place isn't with them at least. You deserve better!"

Newt laugh and that's send a chill down my spine. That laugh, pure evil spread in it. I slowly tuck in my hand into my pocket, searching for it.

"Two choices. Stay, or leave."

"I... can't choose!"

"Don't you see?! We're already dead! I trust you on the note! What you expected?! I ask the favor to Thomas?! Minho?! What, Nina?! I should ask them to bloody kill me?"

Newt screamed and rushed forward. An arc of Launcher lightning shot from the van, goes across the pavement, but it missed him.I had frozen in place, and Newt tackled me to the ground. It take the matter of time of me to realize that, and as soon as I know it, I struggle to keep the air goes into my lung.

"Kill me before I become one of those cannibal monsters! Kill me! I trusted you with the note! No one else .Now do it! Kill me, you shuck coward. Prove you can do the right thing. Put me out of my misery."

"Newt, I can't!"

"Do it!"

"I can't"

"DO IT!"

I tighten my grasp onto the thing. Newt keep urging me and I'm running out of energy to hold him from crushing me.

"KILL ME!" And then Newt's eyes cleared, as if he'd gained one last trembling gasp of sanity, and his voice softened. "Please,Minna. I beg you"

With my heart falling into a black abyss, I use all the strength left, push him over , stab in the syringe and push in the piston into him until the last drop.

:')