Chapter Nine - Here Is No Why

I woke up still wrapped around Duff. I quietly slipped out of his grasp and went into the living room and sat down next to Slash.

"Morning darlin'"

"Morning." I giggled

"I think Duff forgot to tell you this but we are going to meet up with Dave Grohl the dru-" I cut him off and squealed.

"DAVE GROHL!!?"

"Yes." Slash laughed. "We wanted to know if you and Eleanor would like to come. He's got a girl too, named Hannah."

"Oh my god I would love to go! I love Dave!" I smiled

"No, you love Duff." Slash laughed.

"Well yes, but I love Dave as a musician."

"Yeah I know, I'm just fucking with ya."He chuckled.

"It's a shame what happened with Kurt." I said and looked down at the ground.

"Yeah it really is." Slash sighed.

"Whatever, don't think about it just you and Elle get ready and Ill wake Duffster." He smiled

I nodded and quickly dressed myself and walked out and sat next to Elle and we patiently waited for the boys.

"Ready?" Slash asked walking out with Duff.

"Yes!" Elle said quickly and jumped off the couch.

"I'm so excited to meet Dave!" She squealed.

"Hey calm down, he's got a girlfriend." Duff chuckled.

"Ugh, don't remind me." She rolled her eyes.

Duff grabbed my hand and slipped his fingers around mine. We got into the limo and started driving.

"Woah!" Duff said loudly.

"What?" I whipped around to face him.

"How did I never notice this?!" He said and grabbed my wrist staring at my tattoo.

"Oh that." I mumbled

"Seriously, how did I miss this! When did you get it?"

"I got it a few weeks after In Utero came out. It's my favorite album." I smiled.

"It's a sweet tattoo." He said and traced the In Utero angel on my wrist.

"Yeah, I love it." I smiled.

--

It took a few hours until we finally arrived at the studio. I squeezed Duff's hand and we entered the building. There Dave was standing smiling his big grin at us. He was holding the girls hand standing next to him.

"Hey Dave! I''m Slash." He smiled through his hair.

"Hey I'm Dave, this is my fiancé Hannah." He smiled. She gave a shy smile and wave.

I looked over at Elle who looked disappointed.

"Sup Dave, Hannah. I'm Duff, this is my girlfriend Taylor and her friend Eleanor." I smiled up at Dave and he returned the grin and winked.

"Nice shirt." He laughed. Nodding towards my Nirvana shirt.

"Look at her tattoo, too!" Eleanor chimed in.

I held out my wrist as he examined my tattoo.

"Holy shit thats sweet!" He grinned down at me.

Duff's grip around me tightened as Dave got closer. Was he jealous? He had nothing to be jealous of, Dave have a fiancé! And I would never leave Duff.

The guys walked in the studio as Hannah, Elle and I waited.

"So I didn't know you and Dave were engaged!" Eleanor said forcing a smile.

"Yeah, we are." Hannah smiled.

We continued to talk for a while until the guys came out and decided to go to a bar. I was walking next to Dave and Hannah when I felt someones arms slither around my waist. I giggled and looked up at Duff. He kissed the top of my head and we walked into the bar. I sat in the middle of Hannah and Eleanor.

"So when will you be getting married?" I turned to Hannah

"Next December!" She smiled

"Aw, I'm happy for you two." I smiled back

"Thanks, I'm glad I have him. He's a great guy, especially after what happened with...Kurt." She mumbled.

"I know how hard it must be for you. I can't imagine losing one of the guys." I said and stared at my beer bottle.

"Yeah, it definitely sucks." She muttered.

"I can imagine." Eleanor chimed in.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until Duff walked over and wrapped his arms around me. He rested his chin on the top of my head.

"You're so cute darlin'" He whispered making me blush. I looked up at him and smiled, he smiled back and leaned down and kissed me. It was kind of weird kissing upside down but whatever. He smiled and walked back over to his seat.

"You two oh my god! You're adorable." Hannah smirked.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"No problem." She giggled.

We finished our drinks and said our goodbyes and walked back to the limo. I sat down next to Duff, but he quickly pulled me onto his lap.

"I love you Tay." He said and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you too Duffy." I smiled.

I looked over and saw Eleanor smirking but Slash just slumped farther down into the seat and took out a cigarette. I just shrugged and stared out the window. Duff had wrapped his arms around me and I relaxed into his body. I let my head rest on his arm and fell asleep.

--

"Taylor, babe wake up." Duff said gently shaking me.

"Hmmm." I opened my eyes.

"We're back."

"Oh." I said closing my eyes again and cuddled closer to Duff. He chuckled and lifted me up bridal style and carried me up to the apartment.

"Hey you're back how was it?" I heard Izzy say

"It was so fucking rad. Dave's a cool guy." Slash replied

"Sweet." Steven chimed in.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Axl roll his eyes.

"I see sleeping beauty has fallen asleep on you." Axl said changing the subject.

"She looks more like a punk rock version of Snow White." Izzy chuckled

I slightly giggled but then quickly shut me eyes.

"You were awake the whole time and made me carry you up all those stairs?!" Duff asked.

"Maybe." I mumbled and buried my face into his chest.

"Well, you're going to pay." He threw me on the couch and started tickling me. I absolutely hated being tickled but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"No please, stop!" I pleaded

"Okay." Duff said and took his hands off me.

"Wow that was easy." I mumbled.

"Hey guys come help me!" Duff yelled and the guys all ran over.

"What no!"

"Oh yes." He smirked. They all started tickling me and I shrieked. I started squirming and managed to fall off the couch, hitting my head on the glass coffee table on the way down. They continued to tickle me but the room started to spin and everything started to turn black.

"Hey wait, guys stop!" I heard Duff yell. "She's bleeding."

And that was it. I blacked out.