Chapter Thirty-Six: What I Got

I was standing in the wings of the stage, watching the boys play when a sharp pain arose throughout my body. I cried out and nearly fell to the floor. Sophia who was talking, or rather shouting at the security guards. She rushed over and helped keep me steady.

"What's wrong, what happened?" Sophia asked

"I-I think" I stuttered

Sophia gasped, "You're going in to labor, oh my god." 

Sophia ushered for one of the roadies to grab a chair for me, and for them to get me ice water. Sophia stood at the very edge of the wings on the stage, shouting over the music trying to get one of the guys' attention.

Slash caught a glance at Sophia and looked more confused than a puppy. Sophia was shouting and pointing to me when realization hit him, he crossed the stage to Duff. 

Duff looked up and rushed off the stage, throwing his bass off his body.

"Taylor! Are you all right?" Duff asked frantically

"What do we do?" Duff shouted 

"What we need to do is get her to the hospital!" Sophia shouted and flicked Duff's head

"Right, right." Duff said and quickly tried lifting me up, but that only caused more pain.

"Gently Duff, gently! Not so fast, we'll all help, just slow down!" Sophia ordered

Arms wrapped around me and lifted me into the air, I was rushed into the limo and lay on the cool leather seats.

Duff stroked my hair and tried calming me down, but that only made me more frustrated. I held onto Duff's hand, the pain was unbearable. 

"Just a little longer, we'll be there soon baby." Duff said softly

Once arriving at the hospital doctors rushed me into the baby unit of the hospital. The contractions were not far enough along yet for me to be able to get the baby out. I had IV's in my veins to keep me hydrated, I had pain medicine in my body, but everything still hurt. Duff had stayed by my side the entire time; which gave me great comfort and pleasure and knowing that he couldn't drink also made me happy.

As the night went on, the rest of the guys showed up after the show finished. Izzy had been on the phone for a while, he walked back into the room and sat in one of the chairs next to Axl.

"So, I got a surprise for you Taylor." Izzy said with a small smile

"Bigger surprise than a baby?" Slash laughed

"Yes." Izzy said flatly "Steven is on his way." 

"Steven?" I said

"Yes, Steven. He's been in town here." 

"I thought he moved back home, so he's back in California?" I asked

"Apparently so. He says he's doing better and he would love to see you. He asked me long before the baby was due if he could come when the baby is born." Izzy said

"Well, thanks." I said uneasily 

"Just, you know, when the baby comes..."

"Oh! Don't worry, we won't be in here, we, uh, don't really want to be in here for that." Izzy laughed 

"Thank you." I sighed, Duff handed me a cup of ice chips for me to chew on and I thanked him

For hours we sat waiting for the baby to come, around two in the morning the nurse told me it was time. Duff stood by the side of the bed, holding my hand, and the nurses and doctors were rushing around getting things ready. 

"Okay Taylor, I need you to push!" The doctor said

I gripped onto Duff's hand like my life depended on it, and pushed as hard as I could. The pain was excruciating and I cried out in pain.

"Its okay Tay, push! Almost there!" Duff said

I didn't realize how hard I was holding onto Duff's hand until he cried. 

"Just one more push Taylor!" The doctor said

I gave on last painful push and soon loud cries filled the room. My baby was whisked into doctors hands.

"Oh-oh my god." Duff stuttered, I glanced up at him and saw little tears strolling down his cheeks.

"Oh my god! We have a baby, Taylor!"Duff shrieked and bent down to kiss my forehead

"Congratulations Taylor and Duff!" The doctor said, clapping his hands together, a nurse set our little baby McKagan boy in my arms.

"Hi baby." Duff whispered and stroked his soft skin

"So, what's his name?" The doctor asked eagerly

"Theodore. Theodore McKagan. Theo, for short." I smiled

"Well, congratulations on little Theo. I'll just go and get your friends." The nurse smiled and went into the hallway.

Duff was in complete awe over this baby. Hours ago, Duff was a drunk,angry, tough, band member. Now, he's a gentle father, a loving, and protective one. Here, a member of the 'most dangerous band in the world,' is cooing and baby talking, making silly sounds, and giving kisses to his new son. 

The rest of the band and friends came into the room; which was now full of "oohs" and "ahhs" and baby talk. Everyone wanted to handle the baby, and everyone did get turns holding the little bundle of happiness. 

Steven bounced into the room with a grin on his face.

"Steven!" I screamed, trying to get out of bed, but soon regretting that choice since I had just given birth.

"Hey doll face! Oh- no stay in bed, relax." Steven laughed and came over to my bedside

"Where's the newest McKagan baby?" Steven asked happily

"Here!" Izzy smiled and stood, gently letting Steven hold Theo.

"My god, he's gorgeous! He already looks like you, Duff!" Steven grinned

"Well, what can I say?" Duff smirked and flipped his hair dramatically

I laughed and Axl rolled his eyes. 

Duff grinned and hovered over Steven and Theo, both of them were grinning like idiots and pinching Theo's cheeks gently. I smiled and sighed, closing my eyes.

Maybe this would be the start of something better. Since Duff and I now had a child, maybe he would sober up. Maybe drugs and alcohol will no longer be a priority of his anymore, hopefully, Theo would be his number one priority now. I know Duff, and I do know that he will be the best father he can be.

A/N Holy shit I'm sorry I haven't updated in a month! Let me tell ya, school this past few months has taken up my entire life. Now that its summer I will hopefully update sooner! Again, I apologize for updating so late!