Chapter Thirty-Nine: Too Late For Love

"Duff!" I hissed

Duff drunkly whipped around, knocking the lamp off of the hotel nightstand.

I groaned in frustration and placed the lamp back on the table.

"Duff, we've gotta get to the limo. The guys are waiting for us!" I said, quickly grabbing my bag

"Okay, okay. Don't get your panties in a twist." Duff hiccuped

I scooped up Theo, all bundled up in blanket. I opened the door and Duff stumbled out after me. 

It's like having two kids to watch over when Duff's hopped up on booze and god knows what else.

"I'm sorry, we're here." I mumbled as I shoved Duff into the limo

"It's about time!" Slash groaned

"I''m sorry, Duff is being an idiot." I muttered and made sure Duff had his seatbelt on

"I don't need this fuckin' thing!" Duff shouted and unbuckled it

"Duff." I whined and face-palmed

"Just, don't. It's not worth it anymore." Slash said, lightly placing his hand on my shoulder

M stomach faltered, I didn't want to just give up on Duff; but part of me knew how messed up he was. And if I leave, he may end up dead. But it I stay, I might end up dying from the stress. Either way, it's a loss.

I stared out the window until we arrived at the stadium and got out of the limo, which Duff, not so gracefully fell out of. I still don't understand how he's able to play his bass when he can barely walk. A roadie had offered to watch over Theo in the boys dressing room during the show for me, so I could watch the boys play.

I watched Duff grab another beer and rolled my eyes. There was still about an  hour until the show started, right now all of the roadies are setting the stage set and making sure the sound and lights are working correctly. 

I sat with Theo in my arms and watched the hair and makeup stylist try and round the boys up to get them ready. Duff was too jittery and wouldn't sit still, the poor girl had the keep holding him down. Izzy, kept swatting the girl away, he never liked people touching him.

"Does anyone know where Axl is?" Matt called out

"Here!" Axl said, out of breath and bursted through the door

"Thank god." I muttered under my breath

Axl looked down and smirked, "I heard that, little lady." 

I grinned up at him. Axl shook his head and laughed. "Too cute." 

"Hey, she's-" Duff hiccuped

"Mine." He finished

"Oh shut up, Duff. You won't even remember this by tomorrow." Axl mumbled

Which was more than likely true. 

"Hey Duff, can you please stop drinking?" I ask softly

Duff stared at me with a bottle in his hand and a cigarette dangling from his lips.

"No, fuck off." Duff mumbled

"Duff, I swear to god-" I was cut off by Duff shouting, I flinched

Duff grabbed the thing closest to him, which so happened to be a glass vase with a rose in it. He rose his hand and threw it in random direction.

I screamed in horror as I watched the vase just miss Theo's crib, where he was peacefully sleeping.

The room fell silent and everyone gaped up at Duff, with their jaws hanging open, even me.