Chapter Thirty Five - Love Bites

I hauled my bag out of the jet and through the airport, until a bodyguard lifted it for me. I was aggravated that Duff didn't volunteer to help. Part of me knew he wouldn't since he chugged three vodka bottles on the plane. 

Nothing I said mattered to Duff, in fact, I was a nuisance to him. All he wanted to do was drink, sleep, and the occasional incoherent, aggressive yelling. Some days, which wasn't very often anymore, I had the old Duff back. I would see his green eyes glitter, and his charming self would show through.

 We arrived in New York, and I prayed that things would go smoothly. Duff trudged drunkenly behind me through the airport, mumbling and groaning angrily. 

The baby was growing rapidly. Duff and I never really talked about names for him. Izzy would talk with me, giving me suggestions on what would be a nice name. 

A loud screeching startled me. Izzy groaned, it was then that I realized an overly excited Caroline greeted us. A tall man with curly brown hair that hung loosely, and round rimmed glasses stood behind her. 

"The Isbell clan is back!" She shrieked

I couldn't help but laugh, Izzy, not so much. Since Izzy went by Izzy Stradlin, I was always called Taylor Stradlin, so I just went along with it. Although, my birth name is Taylor Isbell. 

Caroline hugged Izzy and I, then proceeded to gawk and ramble on about how big the baby bump was getting. 

"I missed you guys so much!" Cara shrilled "Hi Duff!"

Duff put on a smile and hugged Cara. "Nice to see you again, Caroline." Duff said

"Happy birthday!" Caroline shouted

"Not until tomorrow." Izzy groaned

"You're going to love your birthday presents." Duff turned to me

"What is it?" I asked, dumbly

"I can't tell you, silly." Duff grinned and lightly touched the tip of my nose.

"So, uh, Caroline?" Izzy said, clearing his throat

"Hm?" Caroline turned to look at him

"Are you going to introduce your friend over there?" He asked

"Oh! Yes, duh! Guys, this is my boyfriend, Scott." Caroline gestured to the intelligent looking man next to her. He seemed very attractive, no wonder Caroline liked him.

Scott smiled and nodded his head. I could see Izzy make an unpleasant face and I elbowed him.

We checked into our hotel, with Caroline yapping away. I could tell Axl was getting annoyed with her. I hushed Caroline and she walked with me to my hotel room. Duff hauled our luggage into our room.

"I just can't wait for tomorrow. You're going to love what we got you, it's-"

"Shhh! Caroline!" Duff hissed

"Sorry! I'm just so excited!!" She squealed

"I can see that." Duff mumbled

Caroline grinned sheepishly and shrugged. 

"So when did you start dating Scott?" I asked

"Oh, about eight months ago actually. He moved into my apartment too." Caroline smiled

"Did he knock you up yet?" Duff asked

Caroline gasped and swatted Duff's arm. "No!" 

Duff laughed and threw his head back, his blonde locks flew out of his face and down his back.