Chapter Forty - Gone

Duff

I looked up from the vanity I sat at, the round light bulbs mesmerizing me. I looked over at the lyrics written on the wall, and my breathing quickened.

"Don't ever leave me, say you'll always be there." 

I lost the love of my life, and my son, because I'm nothing but a drunk moron. I should've listened to all those things Taylor said, she was only trying to help.

I fell out of the chair and onto the floor, I crawled into the corner and brought my knees up to my chest. The walls seemed to be closing in around me. I fumbled with my shirt and found the necklace dangling from my neck and gripped onto it. Taylor's engagement ring was looped onto the chain, I held it close to my heart and let hot tears spill from my eyes.

I felt so small, like the walls and everything else were going to crush me, I couldn't breathe, I could barely see. I yelped out for help and curled up into a ball.

A familiar face came into my blurry vision, the fiery red head crouched down next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. 

"Sh, it'll be okay." Axl's raspy voice said

I looked up at the ceiling and felt like everything was caving in on me, and everyone I ever loved was leaving me. I was suffocating, I was lost. 

I didn't know where to go without Taylor, she held me together, she was the missing half of me. I blew it, I blew it all. I hated myself, I just feel like dying. 

Taylor said she was going home, and I have no idea which "home" she means, I'll never be able to find her again. I'll never get to see my son, my heart weeps and longs for her kind natured self to come back to me. I pushed her over the edge, my small world crumbling around me.

I have no one. 

Sure the guys are a big help, but not when all you want is a long hug. They've helped me so many times before, but nothing like this has ever happened to me, where I felt so crushed and defeated.

"You'll find her again someday." Axl said deeply

No I won't. 

She'll never come back to after what I did to her. My heart is broken. 

"I can't live without her." I managed to croak out

"You'll find a way. I know it feels like that now, but you'll be okay. Trust me, I know." Axl replied

"No I won't!" I cried, "She was the only one that made me feel better!" I whined and buried my face into the floor and curled up. 

Axl stayed next to me the whole night to keep me company. But all I longed for was the sweet presence of Taylor.

Maybe, hopefully, I find her again. I can fix things between us and I can marry her like I've always dreamt of doing. And we can live together, as a family. All I need is some patience, but I don't think that I have any left in me.

No matter what, I'll always love her.

THE SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK IS CALLED"THIS I LOVE" 

check it out, it is on my profile :))

A/N We've made it to the end, remember the sequel should be out sometime this week, I'll try my best to get it out. Thank you again for reading.

Read, comment, vote.