Intro

I tried watching a sunset before and I hated it. I hated the way all the color and light from the day fell into the same hole of darkness no matter how long the colors struggled to stay in view. It reminded me of myself. I'd rather see a sunrise, it gives me more hope than it should, a sort of symbolic feeling more than anything else.

I woke up to dull sunlight splashing on to my face, slightly freckled with orangish spots around my nose from a year or two of waking up on an old wooden park bench. When I sat up I would haft to face the corrupt streets of New York one last time, but I couldn't wait.

Finally I earned enough cash from robbing to start a new life somewhere different, somewhere with less crime and constant violence. Maybe it would become a bore after a year or so, but I feel like it is what I need now after years of witnessing murders and cruel packs.

I walked to the nearly abandoned train station, my almost elbow length hair trailing loosely behind me. Every month a handful of bums get to sneak out of the city on a train cart and this month it was my turn.

A small hole in the chicken-wire fence let me slide through so I could find the cart with all the other train jumpers, this month 'The Man'' told us it would be a chipped navy blue with the number 7 spray painted onto it. It took a minute to find it with my bad sighted greenish greyish eyes but eventually I saw the cart out of the corner of my eye when another ex-convict jumped into it.

I ran up to the big train cart and lifted my right leg into it as far as it could go before I scooted forward and jumped up, getting the cloths I was gonna arrive in Tulsa, Oklahoma in dirty. Don't get me wrong, they were dirty before, but at least then I knew if it was manure or not on them!

I lifted my head up in a snap and looked around, in a quick glance noticing about ten guys, three other girls and a few people who could be either one with their weird hair do and skinny bodies. They were all sitting against the wall on the far side, but it was full by now so I sighed and dangled my feet out of the big rectangular opening as the train slowly started to move along.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure running in a dark leather jacket next to the train. He was going along side the train towards us until the opening we were in got close enough the he stopped, turned towards us, and then jumped in, using my thigh as leverage and nearly yanked me off. He tumbled through so that he wouldn't get to hurt and looked around the cart confused before shaking his head and looking at me. The boy had slick brown hair and a womanizer smirk on his face.

The boy slid in next to me and patted the top of my head quite strangely before laying down next to me inside the train. "You know, that was a stupid thing to do, sticking your feet out like that..." said the boy, who mustn't have even been a teenager. "...but I owe you one for it."

He spat in his palm and extended it towards me "The names Dallas, but you can call me Dally Ms.Short-sta..." was all he could say before I reeled back my arm and punched his mouth to shut his punk self up.