Chapter Twelve

"Get back over here!" I chuckled and chased after Pony boy. He ran towards the dirt road, many times looking back to me to see if I had given up chasing him yet.

"Never!" Pony boy said with a smile on his face before making it to the dirt road and tripping over the piles of dust. The light brown color surrounded him and I watched as his cloths turned fifty shades darker in an instant. He tossed and turned, his eyes stuffed with dust and he looked like he couldn't open them.

I started to stride over to him slowly, over exaggerating every step, my feet flattening the grass below them.

"Well well look what I got here." I said, trying to mimicking Pony boys slight country accent. Pony stirred and stood up, still clutching the notebook Sandy had given me in his hands. "Hand it over, or I'll skin your hide!" I said reaching out for it. Pony boy turned and tripped again, landing face down in the dirt.

"I'm all right." he said while dusting himself off, but i wasn't looking at Pony, there was an old pick up truck in the distance.

"C'mon Pony!" I said grabbing his arm an starting to run back towards the church. Realizing we wouldn't make it u headed for the nearest tree and gave Pony a boost up before running behind it. I waited and watched as the pickup driver, a real hick with a plaid shirt and a nice smile talking to some girl in the car who I saw was pointing her finger in our direction, but he was completely oblivious to her and just drove on by.

It wasn't even three seconds after they passed by that I head shuffling of leaves in the tree and a yelp. Pony was flat on the ground in a second, caressing his rear.

"Ouch...." he said before leaning over on his side and trying to stand up. Pony struggled and only was able to crouch before looking at me "Could you get Johnny, I need some help walking back to the church."

I nodded and ran back to the church, where I got Johnny to help me carry Pony back. It was about a half mile to walk with him, so we didn't get back to the church to see Dallas until mid afternoon. Dallas told me that he and the boys were going to go to the store, and I made sure to take back my notebook before they left. I waved the boys goodbye as they left in the car, I knew they would be gone for a few hours, but at the time I didn't think there was going to be a problem.

The cobwebs came down as I swung at them to pass the time. The church got fairly clean before I heard voices, voices coming from outside the church. I stopped moving, listening to the voices, it wasn't any of the boys. Crossing my fingers I hoped they would walk away and I almost thought they did, until I heard a knock at the door.

The old wooden door creaked as it opened slightly, then all the way, reveling a man and a woman. The same man I saw driving in the truck earlier, and what I guess was the same woman. They looked around in awe and disgust until they spotted me, on the other side of the church.

"Oh my my my..." the woman said, she had short curled blonde hair and slightly tanned skin with a slim figure framed by a plaid yellow dress. She Started walking over to me with her arms outstretched "Oh darlin'" she said, pinching at my cloths "What happened to you?" she said looking into my eyes.

The man slowly inched towards us and I looked back at the woman and shrugged, it was to much to explain, and I didn't want to explain. She looked disappointed at my lack of speech, but she turned to the guy she came in with. "I told ya' I wasn't crazy Henry! I told ya' I saw a shinny car!" Man, I knew we should have that in the back!

The man looked at me, his bright eyes and white teeth gleaming at me "Now Missy, Im the sheriff off this here town, and I know I can find ya' a good home if ya' need one." he said real gentlemanly, putting one arm on his girl. She looked me up and down, from my bloody and muddy pants to my cut up shirt and greasy hair.

"Ya' don't look like your from these parts ya' know." she continued while reaching to grab at my hair. I backed away, if he really was the sheriff, then he saw the report of Johnny and Pony that we had seen over the news papers the other day. That meant that if they were here when the boys came back...

"What's wrong sweetheart?" The middle aged man said looking at me. I needed an excuse, I needed to say something!

"Please... Im fine here... I'll be alright here." I chocked out and pointed at the door "I just need some alone time... would you mind?" I said as politely as I could. The man nodded his head and started walking towards the door until the lady snagged at his arm.

She jumped onto me in a hug, pausing for a few seconds "Sometimes..." she said, her jaw moving in my shoulder "those of us who want to be alone the least need someone around the most."

I didn't put my arms around her, I just waited for her to get a hint and get off of me, the boys would be here any minute now. The man watched us, I could see him in my view, but without him moving I heard the door swing open, giving out a short high pitched screech.

"Baby I'm home!!!" Dallas yelled out, and then I heard a bag hit the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Dallas yelled out stomping towards the man. The woman and I broke apart from the hug and I watched as Johnny sprinted away from the door.

"Young man don't talk to me like that." the sheriff said pointing to Dallas before pointing at Pony boy.

"He haven't you been in the news-"

"C'mon get in the car!" Dallas yelled out and grabbed his keys out of his pocket. I ran after him but I felt a hand shove into my face and I hit the ground.

"Stay down!" he yelled pointing a gun at me. That's when the Sheriff ran out the door to follow the boys. I stood up and ran out the door to follow him, no one tells me what to do.

The door was already open and I ran down the steps to see the sheriff with his gun, Johnny with his blade and Dallas with a gun. I ran to where they were and tackled down the man, making sure to take away his gun.

My hair was messed in front of my face "WE GOTTA GO NOW!" I yelled, hopping into the passengers seat and watching as Dallas started up the car and we started driving off.

Dallas pounded his palms on the wheel "WHY'D YOU LET THEM IN!" he yelled "YOU COULD'VE GOT JOHNNY KILLED MAN!"

"I DIDN'T LET THEM IN!" I yelled back at him. Johnny and Pony sat in the back, quiet as usual.

"WELL GOD DAMN HOW'D THEY GET IN THEN, OR YOU LYING TO ME AGAIN?!"

"STOP YELLING AT ME, THEY ONLY CAME BECAUSE YOU LEFT THE CAR OUT FRONT EARLIER!" I screamed at him. He was quiet after that eyes set on the road. No one said a word and when it got so dark, I found myself asleep.

I awoke in the car to Johnny poking me with his fingers. "Uh... baby, we'er here." he said, motioning to a tall grey office building with no cars around it and spray paint littering the walls.

"Welcome to the pack house." Dallas said smirking at me.

"Home sweet New York." I said sarcastically, sitting up and walking out of the car before noticing a tuff gang of boys surrounding the entrance to the building. We walked up in a tight formation until we made it to the other people.

"Well Well look who we got here." A big guy trailed off, I noticed he had his upper lip tattooed black. A few boys chipped in, calling Dallas strange names.

"What do ya' need old Dally? The guy with the black lip said slapping Dallas on the back.

Dallas laughed and bit his lip "Just a room for these boys..' he said motioning to Pony and Johnny "And a room for me and my girl." He said, swinging his arm around my shoulders and putting his face strangely close next to mine, leaving a breath tingling on my cheek.