Chapter Twenty One

It was one week to the time that I was suppose to deliver the kid, we haven't found out its gender yet, everyone was happy with it being a surprise. There's this feeling of worry and excitement thats mixed in the air that everyone is having about the baby, which is obviously ballooning out of me. I blame it on the cravings for chocolate cake that I must've picked up from hanging out with the boys so much, but still its not as bad as some ladies have it.

Curly and Dallas have been no where to be seen for months since either throwing them out of the van or getting out of jail and running off with Sylvia. They both could've been dead for all that I knew.

I told myself every day that I'd be fine without them, I still had the gang that I had ingrained myself into. Hopefully I wouldn't have to leave them and hopefully they wouldn't leave me. If they did its not like I would fight them on it, they've done more than enough for me for the past few months, its just I would have to find a new home.

I tried not to bug them to much, there was this routine I had so that they could get alone time where I would head down a forty minute walk to the edge of the city. Every Thursday and Friday I would sleep over at a little abandoned shack. I would never tell the Curtis boys that though, they probably wouldn't let me leave them then. Anyways, I always told them I was going to party at Bucks.

They were fine with me being gone for two or three days in a row sometimes, no one thought anything bad was going to happen. We never think anything bad is going to happen to us.

When I stepped out of the house Thursday morning I thought everything was going to go down as usual. I would see decorations of young Greasers and Soc's walking around in groups on the streets and oblivious middle aged parents from time to time, thinking it was just some fashion trend.

The walk took a while longer than usual today, I must've spent half the time looking around my shoulder. I had one of those bad feeling in my stomach, which i could tell wasn't from the baby, but one that told me I was being stalked. Of course it was shrugged of after a while, because who would be following a pregnant lady going on a walk besides a weird crazy person?

After a few twists and turns down the roads and alleyways I made it to the outskirts of the fairly large town, Tulsa. The outskirts wasn't the peaceful country that Pony boy talks about all the time where there are no Greasers and Soc's, it was more of a hood. A hood where there were vicious packs of hoods that bickered at each other and ran away when one of their fellow members were in danger, packs were far from a gang. The outskirts was nearly deserted in some areas thankfully though, and that's how I happened to stumble upon the one-room wooden shack by chance while on a walk.

The bad feeling I had still didn't pass as I harshly pushed at the creaky rotten wood door. It was fairly nice sized on the inside, there was a twin metal bed frame with no bed pushed up on the other side of the shack that took one stride to get to from the door.

It had a pungent smell of the outdoors that you could only appreciate after walking next to a fully loaded dumpster a few blocks back. There was nothing to do but sit around and think for the next few days, it was almost like a therapy for me. The boys always get a little mad when I come back though for partying while I'm carrying, if only they knew where I was. I really hoped that nothing bad ever happened to me while I was over here because no one would be able to find me.

Whatever, the boys needed their alone time and so did I.

Sunlight was streaming through all of the cracks where a plant wasn't thriving into the small space. It bounced off of everything into my eyes, almost blinding me throughout the day when I would stare at it for to long.

Everything went as usual until just as the sun was about to set there was a loud knock at the shack door. See the thing is that no one ever comes here, ever, and there is literally no way for me to sneak out of the shack but through the front door, where I assume they were knocking. What was even the point of knocking, they could see me from the cracks near the front door and if they were quiet enough probably hear my suddenly heavy breathing.

I knew that it wasn't good for me to be stressed about this right now, it could force the baby to come early, and that would not put me or it into a good position. It's just that I don't know who could possibly be there at the door.

The bed creaked in a high pitch as I sat up from it and I squeezed my eyes together, they heard that, they so heard that. Some days it feels like even the littlest things in my life are against me.

I stood up as quick as possible and looked at the door, were they going to open it, its not like it was locked. Quietly I stepped near one of the big cracks about the size of my hand and looked to see who was out there.

It was a man fairly tall man with tan skin, he was wearing dark blue jeans that looked torn in some places and a white tank top that had its sleeves cut off. He had ear length dark brown Curly hair.

"Oh Baby... if you don't come out, I'll burn it down." He said, lighting a cigarette.