Chapten Six

Sandy was gone by now, and if she wasn't she probably needed time with him alone, so I didn't follow Soda. Instead I just sat there on the couch where the boy just was. Why would Sandy break up with him now after all these years? I just don't know why she would do such a thing.

It took a few minutes of starring at the wall for me to realize that I was in a strangers house alone. I awkwardly stood up from the couch and went to grab the door when suddenly it swung open and people flooded inside. One of the boys took and arm around me and sat on the couch, taking me down with him again.

One of the boys, the tallest one who was sitting in an armchair looked me up and down before asking "Why was Soda running?" I wasn't dying to tell him the news.

The boy who was sitting on the couch with me chimed in "Don't rush the girl he could just be in a rush to see Sandy, Darry, ya' don't even know her name yet." He turned towards me "The names Two-Bit, do you wanna get some chocolate cake?"

Well... no matter how weird the question I nodded my head, I didn't want to be rude. Two-Bit smiled and stood up, everyone followed him into the kitchen including me. He pulled a cake out of the fridge and nearly tripped on his own feet on the way to get some plates. Darry caught him before he and the cake fell down though, they looked cute like that.

"Hey, did you get a new hair do?" Two bit said sarcastically as Darry continued to hold him in his arms. Two Bit raised his eyebrows and petted Darry's hair do before being dropped two feet to the kitchen floor.

I took the cake out of Two Bits arms and carried it to their small wooden table. There were four boys, Two Bit, Darry, and two kids that I heard from their conversation were named Johnny and Pony-Boy.

"So..." The kid named Pony Boy started "Where did Soda run off-" suddenly he was cut off.

"What are you greasers talkin' about now!" Two bit yelled sarcastically. Johnny jumped a little bit. "Oops, sorry about that Johnny." Two bit said before taking out a switch blade and cutting everyone a big slice of cake.

"I'm sorry, but what's your name?" the little puppy-looking Johnny whispered to me.

"You can call me Baby." I said, winking at him, which made him blush. Then, just as I was about to finish my cake, someone new bursted through the door.

"Soda needs us! In the park!" They panted out of breath, it sounded like they had just ran a couple of miles.

Everyone stood up at once and started running and I followed them since I knew where the park was. Also, I felt a little bit guilty about having to be the bearer of bad news to Soda.

We made it to the park to see Soda passed out near the fountain, he didn't look the type to get drunk and from where I was running he didn't look beat up. That's when I saw a truck with moving boxes in the back start up and drive off. Dammit Sandy, what did she do to him!

I crouched next to Sodas motionless body. "I don't know what she did... but it was Sandy." I stated, glad that it wasn't any of those Soc's, then Soda might not have been alive.

I leaned down and put my ear to his chest, there were faint thuds, but still thuds.

"He'll be alright." Darry said, picking Soda up and slinging him over his shoulder. We all walked back to the house quietly, a few of the boys flipping up their jacket collar and lighting a weed. The new boy was named Steve, and from what I could tell he was buddy of Soda pop. I looked at Soda face again, there were tear stains going down his cheeks.

We opened the door to the house to find some tall guy with jeans and a leather jacket laying down on the big couch in the living room.

"Move you butt somewhere else Dallas!" Two Bit said. Dallas. The name rung a bell. The boy sat up from the couch, and I got a good look of his face.

"Baby Cakes!" Dallas said standing up and moving towards me. He grabbed me an sat with me on one of the small leather couches, he sat on the arm rest and I sat on the actual seat. Dallas folded his legs over to the other side of the couch and then sat in my lap, as a joke I hope.

"You sure have grown." Dallas said, grabbing my face.

"Same goes to you." I said to Dallas.

"Especially in the weight department, You're crushing the poor girl Dally!" Two Bit screamed.

Dallas picked me up from under him and placed me next to him, but still somewhat on him. He put his big head on my shoulder and looked over, noticing Soda on the couch, he looked dead.

"What happened to Soda?" Dallas said to anyone really. Darry was kneeling next to him, holding an ice pack to his head, Two Bit was watching imaginary cartoons on the Television and Pony boy and Johnny looking around, observing the situation as if something from a book.

"Sandy broke up with him." I whispered, hoping he could hear me, I wanted Soda to tell the other boys when he wanted to. Dallas just nodded his head a little, I could feel it.

"How do you two know each other?" Pony Boy said from the other side of the living room. That's when I felt everyone turn their heads our way.

"Yeah." said Steve, walking closer to us. Dallas smirked and leaned back a little, pulling out a weed from his jacket pocket and lighting it.

"STORY TIME!!!" Two Bit yelled and ran over to us, now everyone but Dally and Soda sitting around our feet.