Chapter Twenty

"Now Dally-" Soda pop started to say before he was cut off.

"You Tramp!" Dallas said shoving me on to the hard wooden floor beneath me. "Two timing me in jail!" He yelled out disgusted before giving me a kick at my legs. I hadn't seen Dallas in six months because he got more time for beating a security guard and this is how he comes back to us!?

Everyone looked shocked, the whole gang was there sitting up or standing near the two of us, including Sylvia.

"You've got it all wrong." Pony said in a quiet voice that we still all heard, he was quickly walking up to Dallas from the other side of the room.

Dallas looked down at me disgusted, his thick black eyebrows furrowed down over his eyes. Then he took a weed out of his pocket and lit it up before swinging his arm around Sylvia, who's hair had been cut a bit above shoulder length a while back. Remembering I was on the floor I started standing up.

Dallas started petting at Sylvia's dark black hair, his mouth slightly parted. "Don't ever touch Sylvia again, you skank!" he said when he noticed i was moving before turning around towards the door, Sylvia taking an extra second to give me a naughty look along with a rude smirk, she must've picked it up from Dallas.

Anger builded up inside of me, and that was the last straw, I swear so much disrespect to me was going to get her killed one day.

Sylvia smirked and took a step forward near my face before doing what she did best and gave me a reason to start something with her yet again.

"Oh, you're going down!" I yelled out before tackling her to the floor of the Curtis house. She quickly smashed my head over onto the floor and straddled herself on top of me before begging to smack my face while punching my stomach. I tasted blood.

"Get off of her!" Someone hollered out before I felt her weight being forcefully taken off of me. Someone, Darry or Steve I think, started picking me up from the floor but I quickly shoved them off stood on my own.

Sylvia was whining to Dallas while pointing at me, and I saw through somewhat swollen eyes that Dallas had a dangerous look on his face.

Dallas started stomping towards me. his leather jacket tightening up around his arms. In a flash I saw Soda and Steve run in front of him, saying things that had already been said today. Dallas yelled at them but he didn't start a fight with them or anything, but he snuck between the boys over to me.

He stopped in front of me and for a second I thought he wasn't going to do anything, breathing heavily while starring into my eyes. He was obviously mad, throwing his weed down and stomping it out with his black combat style boot.

Dallas put his mouth near my ear, taking a second to put his hand on my shoulder. "You're digging your own grave, you know that Baby." he said in a whisper, I imagine he smirked after that, I heard the sound he always makes when he does.

Then his arm came off my shoulder he didn't even bother to look at me again as he walked out of the door with Sylvia, his arm around her shoulders.

There was complete silence that swept over the room. I looked down at my hands to avoid making eye contact with one of the boys.I hate feeling like this, worthless, used. Both words are true when describing me, but is didn't want to be my only friend again on the streets.

"Oh don't look so sad now!" Two bit said walking over to me "He'll be back." Two bit said a bit quieter while slinging his arm against mine, giving me a playful hit before grabbing my arms softly and walking both of us over to the big couch where Pony was already sitting.

"I wouldn't be so sure."

"Oh stop actin' like that girly!" Two bit said playfully shoving him. Everyone else was still keeping their mouths shut, but I noticed that slowly they were all sitting down and looking up at me.

"So... you're pregnant?" Soda said, folding his legs over his chair while looking over at my stomach. I nodded, my face unchanging in its expression. I was not excited. It would either be Curly's rape baby, a man who wouldn't care and wouldn't try to help or Dallas's drunk mistake. I know that Dallas wouldn't care either with his heartless attitude, and he'd probably go out of his way to ignore me.

Darry leaned forward in his old recliner, looking down at his hands that were pressed together with his elbows on his knees. "Now, please don't mind me for asking, but how did you get pregnant?"

Two bit looked over at Darry with a shocked expression and started chuckling. "Super man, don't you know how that stuff works!" He said, barely able to say it all because he was cracking up so much. "I'll show you if ya' really need me to!"

Darry only was smiling a bit while Soda, Steve and Pony were giggling along with Two Bit and I.

"Now you know that's not what I meant." Darry said smiling.

With the lighted attitude I decided to tell them about how we might've while we were coming back when coming back from hiding Pony boy and Johnny. I tried not to go into detail, but I did say that we were drunk.

"Phew!" Two Bit said "I was worried that you might've been running off without us at night!" I felt my checks flush a little, I would never do that.

"Are you sure?" Steve said, taking a seat on Soda's feet.

"Half sure." I blurted out. I didn't realize the importance of what I said until I felt all eyes back on me.

Soda stood up "Now what do ya' mean, Half sure?" he said, leaning against the wall, his eyes burrowing into my soul.

"Well, there was a little incident before I got here." I said, playing with my fingers in my lap.

"With who?" Two Bit said turning to completely face me.

I felt my voice start to shake "I didn't want to, I just..." I said, before realizing how pathetic I sounded "Curly, Curly Shepard."

There was another moment of silence "But didn't you kill him!" Pony boy said loudly, his eyes getting big.

"WHAT!?" everyone said in unison.

"I don't know Pony, I hope I did!" I said before the entire room bursted out into a screaming frenzy.