Chapter Four

I sprinted towards the commotion, picking up a rusty pipe on the ground as a weapon just in case, I wanted to see what all the hustle was about.

There was an older guy, maybe in his late twenties, sprawled out in the middle of the street clutching near the ankle part of his leg. The guys who shot him were gone by now, so I dropped my pipe and went over to help him out.

He was tall and lean with curly brown hair and slightly tanned skin, he didn't look much like the other hoods in this part of the town.

"Dammit" he said making his fair share of hissing noises. The guy looked up from his sitting position to see me.

"Ya gonna come help me up?" he said sarcastically, scanning me up and down.

I walked up to him and took his left arm as his leg was kept up behind him,his right leg should still work, so I don't need to carry him. The guy started pointing to where we needed to go, until a red mustang came into view.

"Ya know how to drive right Kid?" he said tossing me the keys. Honestly, I didn't, buy I wasn't about to tell him that.

I threw him into the car, his long limbs drooping out the sides. He smirked before pulling out a weed from his jean pocket and tossing it to me. The guy lit it for me and one for himself too.

I got in and put the key in the ignition. The car was parked on the side of the road so the guy just told me to drive forward until he told me to stop. The car was doing a smooth 46' until we made it to a suspicious cement building, it had no windows and a visible cellar from the outside.

I shrugged the bad feeling in my gut away and helped the guy, his name I found out was Tim Shepard and he had his own gang named after him, out of the car. He took the keys from my hand and shoved them in his never ending pocked. We made it up to the door, which was left unlocked, so I pushed it open.

The furniture inside was brown and teal colored. The walls were a old, rotten beige color and had random colored stains all over them, and besides a few couches there were only a few standing ash trays and bottles of liquor scattered over the ground.

Tim looked down and pushed me away before limping on his own to one of the couches. He laid his entire torso on the brown and navy blue stripped couch and let his legs hang slightly off.

"Would ya mind go finding Curly?" Tim said "He's probably in one of the back rooms." and pointed his finger to the door near the front door.

The carpet was short and the normal light brown color that almost everyone had, I walked wordlessly to the door he pointed to and walked through. The door lead to a hallway filled with small rooms on either side and one big room with a grey lock on its handle. It beckoned me, so I sneaked through the hallway and put my ear to it. Nothing. It was probably where they kept their money.

One by one I opened the doors without knocking. Usually there was someone sleeping on the bed or doing the nasty, and I almost forgot I was even looking for someone. That was until I saw a young boy, probably thirteen or so, with curly brown hair that looked just like Tim.

"Curly?" I said opening the door some more, the boy was in a pair of jeans, taking a drag of his weed.

The boy looked over to me "Ya?" he said while standing up. He walked towards me and took me by the hand before trying to close the door.

"Get the hell off me!" I yelled and speed walked towards the door."Look..." I said "Your brother got shot and he needs you, he's in the front room right now." I crossed my arms and started walking off.

"Little punk." Curly laughed, catching up speed behind me. He scratched the bottom of his chin and opened up the door to the living room. I don't know who closed it in the time that I had gotten there, probably one of the guys I had woken up.

Curly and I walked in on Tim kissing some girl, he was still in the same position I had left him in and she was on him. The girl had long bleached hair and a twiggy body.

Tim caught sight of us and pushed the girl off of him "And stay off!" he laughed while yelling at her. The girl started tearing up "Get a hint a leave!"

She ran out, giving Tim a rude gesture as she slammed the door.

"Now" Tim said looking at Curly "Im gonna need you to get back at Bob for this, ya know." he said gesturing to his leg. "And you, you can keep me company while i get patched up." he said smiling and taking another drag of his cigarette.

Curly snickered "We'll keep her around if you like her so much." and then he pinched my arm. I flinched and slapped at his hand, causing his smile to grow wider

"C'mon kids, I ain't getting any younger!" Tim yelled, tossing curly his car keys. "And put a shirt on will ya'?