Chapter Sixteen

"Baby?" I heard Johnny whisper in a raspy voice from the back. I turned to look at him and saw how bad his injures were, had we forgotten about him?

"Yeah, yeah Im here." I said walking over in the car to him, he couldn't turn his head because of the brace he had on his neck.

"Do you got any water?" he said smiling a little bit. I reached for he water bottle and was about to hand it to him before holding it myself. I tilted his head up a little bit and started pouring it into his mouth.

"Sorry" he said when I stopped and he closed his eyes and turned away. It must've killed him having to rely on me to do things he could do himself for him.

"It's alright, Johnny." I said patting his wheelchair since I didn't want to touch him, there was almost no spot on him not burned completely up.

How come Johnny was burnt up so bad but Pony boy came out nearly scratch free?

I opened the van door that was next to me and jumped outside. It smelled like old leaves and dirt at the old gas station. I ran over to Dallas and Pony who were walking in large paces around the gas station.

"We need to get Johnny to a hospital now!" I said at Dallas and without a moments hesitation we all sprinted towards the car, but I was the slowest of course.

When we all hoped in the car I heard Dallas ask if Johnny was alright. Johnny didn't respond.

----------------

Johnny had groaned for awhile before we found a hospital somewhere in Tennessee. They told the three of us that we couldn't stay in the hospital after visiting hours and told us a cheap hotel we could go to. Dallas started cursing the nurses out, but eventually Pony and I persuaded him to leave. As we were going the ten minute drive to the hotel we bought a few eight packs of beer.

"I really hope that Jonny Cake's ok." Dallas said, taking another swig. Empty bottles littered the hotel floor, Pony fell asleep hours ago, so we didn't feel bad about our heavy drinking.

"Yep" I hiccuped. I felt my face flush and I looked away from Dallas, we had been laying on the second bed talking about Johnny for hours maybe. I didn't remember, I think I was on my seventh or eight bottle maybe. Dallas had at least eleven up to now.

"Lets go get some fresh air, Baby Cakes." Dallas said grabbing my hand and walking me out of the hotel room. We went up the stairs past the second floor all the way to the roof.

I looked around dizzily, it was beautiful, I could see that the sun was about to come up. Dallas grabbed me drunkenly and the last thing I remember was seeing him take off his blue jeans.

--------------

It was mid afternoon and I was puking my guts out. I hadn't woken up Dallas yet, but I really did feel sick. Hungover with a little something extra.

I smacked myself in the head, I hope I wasn't pregnant. That didn't mater yet though, what mattered is that we got Johnny to Tulsa really quick. I didn't want to tell Dallas, but I think Johnny was going to die, and the gang needed to see him before that.

"C'mon Dally" I moaned while pushing his shoulder. He took a second before waking up quietly this time, probably because I didn't jump on him to wake him up this time.

"I'm awake." he said rolling over on the dirty flat roof to look at me. His eyes got real big for a second before looking me in the eyes and smirking.

"You're crazy about me, ya' know that?" Dallas said looking back down at me. Thats when I looked down too and noticed that I wasn't wearing any pants.

"Where'd you put them!" I said loudly at him, he only smirked while propping himself up on his elbow and motioning towards the edge of the roof. I stood up and looked over the edge to see my pair of torn up blue jeans sprawled across the entrance of the building.

"Damn" I muttered to myself before going down the flight of stairs to the hotel room with Pony boy in it.

The light red hall way was empty thankfully. I started banging on the light wooden door. "Pony!" I shouted warningly after a minute.

Suddenly the door flung open and a fully clothed Pony boy stood in the door way. He looked at me real funny before letting me in. Automatically I jumped under the covers of the rickety hotel bed.

"Uh... why aren't you wearing jeans?" Pony asked awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck. Pony still had his tuff brown hair that he and Soda shared.

I nodded towards the door "Would ya' mind getting them for me? They're out the front door." Pony gave me one last weird look before jogging out the door.

They're was a kick on the old door only a few seconds after Pony left, showing Dallas. Dallas was buckling up his belt and walking over to me.

"We need to see Johnny, now." he said grabbing the door handle.

I stood up and walked over to him, might as well be mature. Thank the Lord I still had underwear on.

Dallas followed me behind with a scowl on his face, no matter how much we wanted to see Johnny we didn't want to see Johnny in pain.

Pony came running down the hallway with my jeans and I took them. We jumped into the big van and started speeding to the hospital.

"Hey Johnny, how ya' holding up in here?" Dallas said looking around the big hospital room taking another drag on his weed. Johnny groaned in response and Dallas shrugged.

"We're getting you outta here, now." Dallas said, slowly grabbing Johnny and placing him into a wheelchair. We started rolling him out to the hallway, looking confident as ever as if we were suppose to be taking him with us.

We made it out to the car and started driving on the highway to Tulsa. It only took us a day of driving surprisingly, Dallas was going seventy miles an hour the whole way.

When we got to the city we automatically drove to the hospital and got Johnny in before going to the gang house. I almost forgot that they hadn't seen Pony in weeks.

"PONY BOY, KID BROTHER IS THAT YOU!?" Soda yelled out before running towards him along with Darry and Two Bit. They all were hooting and hollering and even a few tears escaped their eyes. Then Steve came in and we all were forced to join in the hug, he crushed me an Dallas in there.

For a few moments, everything was complete bliss, everyone was exited and hugging and crying little bits of happiness. That was until Two bit broke away from the hug shaking his head.