Chapter Five

It's getting harder for me to see anything anymore, the longer I walk the fuzzier everything gets. I can't explain what's come over me, all I remember taking we're a few drinks Curly gave me. He wouldn't drug me though right?

"C'mon Girl, lets get away from this party." Curly said, holding me by the shoulders. I tried to shrug him off but he just wouldn't let go, so I stepped on his toes.

"Calm down wont ya'!" Curly said opening the door to his bedroom. I knew where he was going with this, so I turned around and slapped him. His playful smile quickly turned to a scowl.

Curly picked me up over his shoulder and slammed me down onto the floor. It smelt like ash. My head pulsed and I started chocking on the air.

"Back the hell off!" I tried yelling before Curly sat on top of me with his blue jeans on. Dammit, it was to late.

-------------

I woke up in Curly's room, for a second I questioned why but then I remembered. Is this the first time it's happened or the first time I've remember what's happened?

With my fists clenched I stood up and punched a hole straight through the middle of Curly's door. With a kick underneath the handle it swung open and probably left a dent in the hallway wall, as if it would be noticeable.

I stormed into the main room and found Curly taking to Tim on the couch. Curly stood up automatically and was about to reach out to touch me when I punched him. Hard. I felt some of the splinters deepen into my hand, but I didn't give a damn.

"What's up with you?" I heard Tim chuckle lazily on the couch. I ignored it and grabbed Curly by his shirt collar, I was sixteen now and only and inch or two shorten than him, so it wasn't hard to pick him up.

"The hell is wrong with you!" Curly yelled and shoved himself off of me. Curly stepped back to look at my angered expression, he chuckled. "You know, your cute when your angry?" he said while touching my face.

"If there was ever a time for you to stay the Hell away from me it would be Right Freaking Now!" I yelled at him, he ignored me, so I smashed half of a glass liquor bottle on the ground on his head. Curly dropped like a fly, blood steadily pouring out of his temple.

"What was that for?" Tim questioned, looking at Curly's motionless body, we both knew the rat was still alive.

"Like you'd freaking care!" I said before stomping into my room of the house. I grabbed a white tank top, my jeans and my journal before storming out of the Tim Shepard Gang House. Like I was ever going to go back there again, I never felt like the gang was a family to me anyway. All I did was hang out with them at house parties and clean them up after rumbles.

I started running. No one could follow me, no one could persuade me to go back, the Curly incident was just the last straw. The only other place I knew of was Sandy's house, but I hadn't visited her for years, I hope she hadn't moved yet.

The house was unlocked when I got there but I knocked before going inside anyways. I didn't bother making small chat with her grandma, I just walked past her to where I remember Sandy's room was.

"Baby?" I heard Sandy choke out, her eyes were puffy like she'd been crying.

"Yeah Sandy, What's wrong?" I said sitting down next to her, she was holding a folded up letter and a fancy ink pen.

"Oh Baby, It's so great to see you." She said putting her arms around me. We hugged for a few brief seconds. Sandy pulled away "Baby, it's great seeing you and all, but I'm going to be moving to California soon, very soon." She trailed off "Would you mind giving this to soda for me?" She asked giving me the envelope, which I realized had a female wedding ring inside.

"You still wrote him letters all this time?" Sandy nodded. That's when I noticed how empty her room was, everything was in one big box near her door. "When are you leaving?" I said.

"Today" she blurted out "I have to leave today." I looked at her "It's a last minute thing, I can't stay here anymore, and that's why I need you to give that to soda for me!" she nearly cried her last words out.

"It's gonna be alright Sandy." I said, sitting next to her. We stayed that way talking for hours, once Sandy was gone I knew it would be back to the bench. Our peacefulness was suddenly interrupted by her grandma coming into the room.

"You need to leave." she said pointing to me. Sandy walked to the front door with me. I looked to see that right I front of their house was a truck with boxes in it already.

Sandy and I hugged one last time "Baby" Sandy said "The address is on the front." she said, slipping to me so that her grandma wouldn't see. I nodded and broke away from the hug.

"I guess this is goodbye." I said to her and started walking away. Just like that I was on my own again.

The address was 3074 Tulsa, Oklahoma. I walked and looked all over, but found it just as the sun was going down. I hated when it got dark.

The gate was open and boys were in the front yard, I asked them where Soda was and they said he was inside, one of them even got the door for me. I smiled a little bit. I noticed a dashing boy right away with dark brown hair and a jawline so sharp it could pierce skin. I asked if he was Soda, and he said yes.

"This letter's for you." I said to Soda before giving it to him.

"Oh boy!" he said running into the living room and jumping onto an already broken down couch before opening it. He sat up and smiled as he took the letter out, but quickly frowned as he saw the ring too.

I walked into the living room and snooped behind him to get a peak of the letter. That's when I realized she was breaking up with him, after he bought a ring and everything.

Soda put his head in his hands and handed the letter to me "I can't read anymore of it." he said, I heard a tinge of pain behind his words. "Did she say anything else?" he asked, looking up at me with hope in his eyes.

"She's leaving now, right now." I said knowing he had no time to waste. That's when Soda bolted out the door, into the abyss of the night.