Chapter 6

Charlie's POV

"Mummy. Up."

No.

Wait what?

I'm dreaming.

"Mu-mmy!" The screech gets louder as I feel two grubby little hands on my cheeks.

And no that wouldn't be a dream. I slowly peel my eyes open, coming face to face with my baby girl. "Mu-mmy!" She's all smiles as she leans over me and pecks my lips.

"Three fucking hours." I peer around her, to find Zayn sitting shirtless with his back against the headboard, his arms folded over his chest and a baby doll in his lap.

"Huh?" I croak.

"She's been awake for three fucking hours. And it's only 6:52 in the morning," he clarifies. "Like, I wish she'd give me a warning when she's gonna basically pull all nighters."

I smile, though I think he thinks it's anything but funny. I look around the bed-Marley's made his way up towards the headboard, laying across all of the pillows. But Liyana's toys cover the rest of the bed, pretty much. From Dolls and doll clothes to books and stuffed animals. It looks like Toys 'r' Us in here; what the heck happened?

"Daddy." She crawls back over to Zayn, picking up the baby doll and his hand, trying to make him hold it. "Baby."

"Alright, alright," he says, cradling the baby doll in his arms while rocking it. "You're a very demanding lady, did you know that?"

She looks on with what I know is that devious smirk. Well, I mean, the 'terrible twos' are rapidly approaching, so...

I won't remind him that he's the one that insists on raising a clan of children. I'd like four, but him and his eight...right. Mayhem all the time.

"Don't say it." I open my eyes and let them meet his. "I know what you're thinking; smirking and shit."

I play Miss Innocent as I throw the blanket over me and stretch. Man, I'm so over this video shoot. Thank God it's the last day.

"And yes, I still want eight. So unplug your uterus, babe."

Seriously? My eyes widen and I shake my head, but I don't turn around to look at him...until I hear the bed move. He's standing up then- still cradling the doll- but smiling. "Sorry, Malik. But I refuse to have swollen ankles on my wedding day."

"Look, it's like our newborn," He smiles down at the doll as he ignores me, beginning to ballroom dance around the bedroom in circles. And fricking Liyana is clapping and squealing from the bed, like she's front row at Disney on Ice or something. "Remember those days? Don't you miss them?"

No.

"You're a lunatic," I mutter in disbelief. "I think you need a hobby. You're driving yourself mental being home all day. How about we find you a knitting class?"

"It's called lack of sleep. And fuck no. Do I look like I'd enjoy knitting?"

"Hey, you never know." I slap my knee. "Like the New York Lottery commercials. Get it? Man I'm hilarious."

"And she says I'm mental, guys." I turn around from rummaging through a hamper, finding Marley rubbing his eyes.

"Look, you two woke my baby up." I walk over to Marley and lay next to him. He's gotta get up and get ready for school soon.

He curls himself further into my side. "Hi mummy," he whispers. "Hi daddy. Hi Li Li."

"Hi baby," I smile, as Zayn plops down on the bed, causing Liyana to bounce a little.