Chapter 7

Zayn's POV

"Hey, hope I'm not interrupting."

I look up to find Genevieve. But she's not alone like I would think she would be in this situation. Because I think we know she's one of those people who just pop up.

But alas, she's with Louis. "Well hello folks. Long time no talk. Zayn, buddy. A word?" He asks, slapping me on the shoulder. I see Genevieve glancing at Charlie every so often, who looks a mixture between bothered and worried.

"I'm dealing with something." I get right to it.

"And now you're dealing with something else. Have you talked to Jawaad?"

Jawaad? "What? What about Jawaad?"

"So you haven't seen him..." Louis thinks out loud. "Well, he's in town. And he wants to see you. Today, if possible. Like right now."

"What fucking part of I'm dealing with something don't you get?"

"Woah, woah bossman." Genevieve throws her hands up. "Don't shoot the messengers. We were simply sent out to find you. And lucky for us, you told Harry where you were, since you don't like to answer your phone," she continues. Maybe it's because I knew it would be you...

Yeah, so I purposely put it away for the afternoon. Reporters aren't the only people I didn't want bothering me.

I blink, conscious of the fact that I've still got Charlie's phone in my hands. "Just...what is it? What's so fucking important?"

"He'll fill you in. But you really need to come now. So let's go." Louis does nothing but evade the question again. And I'm annoyed.

Throwing my head back, I let my eyes drift close. I'm just so...fucking aggravated right now...for so many reasons.

"I parked in a garage a couple of blocks over," I mutter. I know-a couple of things going on here. A; we're lazy as shit and we don't walk around the city. And B; I should probably stay here since I made a production about all of us spending the day together. And C; I know I should talk things out with Charlie...be an adult about this. And here I am, fucking that up.

"Zayn." I glance over to Charlie, finding her eyebrows raised. "I don't expect you to not go to work, but just...promise that you'll hear me out when you get home please?" She pleas.

Honestly, I'm so fucking irritated by Luke. No matter how much I try to get rid of him, he always comes back. And regardless of how I said a few years back (when he was still around) that I didn't give a shit if him and Charlie were friends, that really couldn't be any fucking further from the truth...I was probably drunk.

It bothers me. To no end. And I don't understand why she would even want to be friends with him; I don't think I ever will.

And I sure as hell will never be okay with it no matter what I say.

And yes I was going to counseling so that I could better deal with my anger and feelings. But this just...things just provoke me okay? And I've been this way for so long that these types of things take time and...hence: "Whatever, Charlie," I respond to her. I still can't help what tumbles from my lips from time to time-exhibit A.

She looks taken aback by my response and everyone else just looks really uncomfortable. I kiss my babies, and walk off with Louis, immediately reaching into my pocket for a cigarette. Fuck, what I'd do for a joint instead.

Charlie's POV

"And then there were two." I look up at what's her face, all while trying to mask my annoyance. So yeah, this happened. Zayn left the kids and I on the street, with none other than her. Her. Of all people... "Well two, and two halves. Which is like three, right?"