Chapter 47

*Have a fabulous Ramadan to those of you observing :) This chapter is quite explicit at some points, so I do apologize and completely understand if you don't read*

Zayn's POV

"I gotta go, Tal. Let me know about the meeting," I say, before hanging up, all the while eyeing my unwelcomed guest. "What the fuck do you want? I have nothing to say to you," I continue, once the line clicks.

"Can you not be a dick for one minute, and let me explain myself?"

"How'd you even get in here?"

"Your receptionist. She didn't question it, probably knowing who I am."

I'm gonna have to have a chat with Gina. Though really I should just give her a list of people I fucking hate, and we'll go from there.

I think about this, seeing why Gina probably let him in. "Well you are a client, but that still doesn't change how I feel about you- you should know this."

"You're fucking ruthless," Luke chuckles, sitting down across from me. I look over to Li, to make sure she's still coloring on the paper, but she's standing there watching Luke with curious eyes. I expect her to come over and cling to my leg any minute now while giving him attitude. "You must make a pretty good CEO."

"Look, cut the small talk. If you're here about what you said at the custody hearing...I'm not going to kiss your fucking feet just because you stood up for us." I lean back in my high-back leather chair.

"Nah, you don't have to thank me." He also leans back in his chair. "But I think I know something that would be of interest to you."

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. When I was with my shrink, she asked me one time if I ever envisioned a future in which Luke and I could be friends again. Of course I said no, but after that I actually tossed the idea around, thinking maybe it's possible.

[And while Charlie doesn't push me to befriend him at all, she does tell me that I shouldn't have a heart full of hate. Hypocrite, I tell you. But I love her anyway.]

"What is it?" I ask, not completely interested in what he has to say.

He picks up a pen from my desk and twirls it around his fingers before looking up at me. "It involves one of your best mates...Louis."

My eyes snap up to meet his at this. What the fuck's he playing at? I search his blue eyes- deciding right then and there that all hell will freeze over before I become mates with him again. Granted I've known something's been up with Louis ever since he pushed to hire Genevieve, but I doubt Luke knows anything about it. Why would he? So you know what? I decide I'm calling him out on his shit as he goes back to twirling the pen. "You're bluffing."

"Yeah?" He stops his movements, looking me dead in the eye. "Maybe. But maybe not."

I cock my head to the side. "What do you want out of this?" I swear, this is about money. What the fuck else could he want?

"Your future wife."

I abruptly lunge right over the desk for him, but he quickly jumps out of the chair. "Leave Charlie out of this and get the fuck over it already! Why don't you get a fucking grip and stop pining after someone who doesn't give a fuck about you, you pathetic piece of -"

I'm about to go for him again, but I feel a slight tug on my leg. I look down and Li's standing there with her lips pouted. "Daddy, me. Up."

I sigh, allowing my shoulders to slouch. I pick up my baby girl and sit back down in my chair, plopping her right on my lap. She lays her head on my chest and winds her fingers in my dress shirt, all the while shooting daggers at Luke. I kiss the top of her head and smooth her hair back; she's way too smart. I swear if she could piece together her words, she'd have a couple of things to say to him. Like father, like daughter, I guess.