Chapter 35

Zayn's POV

Welp, I'm in jail.

And now I bet you're all wondering how the fuck I got here. Am I right?

No, it wasn't for trespassing on the beach after sundown.

So shall I take you back a few hours?

Earlier that day (and a little of the previous night)

So the cake wore off. And carrying three kids back to the car from the beach between two adults was a task. But we managed.

"I can't believe you." I look over at Charlie, only to find her giggling to herself. She admires the ring on her finger, almost as if it's the first time she's ever seeing it. And I love that. "I had no fricking idea."

"I know," I tell her, trying to balance Adrian and Marley in each arm. Remind me to bring a fucking stroller next time. "I was waiting for the perfect time, and I figured what better time than on the beach, away from all the bullshit. And with our kids- they were a very important part."

"True. Marley was so fricking cute, I cried from that alone," she says. "Gosh, I love you guys so much. I can't even...ugh." I peek over and catch her smiling from ear to ear. She looks to a sleeping Liyana, placing a brief kiss to her cheek.

My girls.

Charlie's POV

We reach the car and since we're not far from the house, it takes us no time to get back. I honestly can't believe Zayn did all of this for me. I think I'm just so used to him claiming not to be a romantic, that every time he does something that contradicts that, it knocks me off of my feet. And the beauty of it is that I know it's going to stay that way forever.

I've actually been wanting to put the ring back on, but I didn't know how to ask. I mean, technically speaking, it is his ring (even though I know he'd strongly disagree to that and no doubt be highly offended to me implying such.) Like, what would I have said...'oh hey, let's be engaged again.'

We grab all of our crap and head inside. I quickly change Li and place her in bed; it's been a long day and while I'm in love with my dress, I can't wait to get it off.

I'm taking the white flower out of my hair when I feel a presence behind me; I didn't even hear him come in- whoopsie. I don't have a chance to turn around because he already grabs my hands in both of his before lightly kissing my shoulder. He runs his thumb over the diamond in the middle of the ring before bringing the hand up to his lips, placing a kiss over the the ring.

He's quite close and oh, I can feel Zayn Junior...in case anyone needed that visual. But it's there, poking me in the butt. Just saying...okay, I'm ruining the moment.

I wonder if I was this forward last night? Or perhaps more?

I'm turned around suddenly and he's fiddling with the zipper on the back of my dress. Well, this is one way to get out of my clothes. The dress pools at my feet and excitement courses through my body, my heart racing at what I know is going to happen. My hands pull his white button up from out of his slacks, starting from the bottom. I slowly undo each button until his shirt hangs loosely in front of him.

Because I want him naked as well, I slide off the button up until it hits the ground, followed by pulling the undershirt over his head. His hands grip my sides as my fingers dance around the button and zipper of his slacks, and he breathes sharply when my hand grazes the tent that's pretty prominent in his pants.

And just because I think it fits the moment quite nicely and I want nothing more than to memorize every inch of his body until I can sketch it in my sleep, I skim my fingertips over the wings on his chest. His breathing is becoming increasingly uneven the more I explore him; the lips in the center of his chest are calling me, so my own lips descend, placing a delicate kiss right over them.