Chapter 53

Zayn's POV

"Get out of my house."

"Bu-"

"No, there aren't any fucking buts because the longer you stand there and keep speaking, the stronger the urge to knock the shit out of you becomes."

"I think you should hear me out. Come on bro, it's the least you could do."

Why do people keep saying that? I don't owe anyone a God damned thing. No one. That's the problem with people; they always feel entitled or some shit and yes, I used to be like that. But over the last three or so years, I've done quite a bit of growing up and I've come to realize that I'm no different than anyone else who walks this earth.

"First of all, I'm not your bro- I don't like you. And second of all, I don't owe you a single fucking thing. Now leave."

He sighs, then, "Fine, I promise you I'm outta here once you hear what I have to say."

Earlier that day

Charlie's POV

"Why the hell are you crying?"

I wipe the mist- as I like to call it- from under my eyes. "Because...it's my baby's first day of preschool. He's practically a grownup now."

"Oh. My. God. Girl." Bryson's shaking his head as Zayn just chuckles and pulls me closer. My babe- at least he's understanding. "And this is only preschool. God help you when he goes to Kindergarten. You're gonna sit with him through the whole fucking first day."

"Oh, I already have it planned out. I'm taking off of work that day and walking him into the classroom, and I might even stay until lunchtime-which, yes I'm packing him a special lunch with the crust cut off of his cheese sandwich that's cut into fours, complete with a little note from mommy."

"Shaking my head- yes I just said it out loud, fight me." He laughs. "You know, when my niece started, I told her not to let those little bitches mess with her, and that was it. And it worked."

Of course he did. "Words of wisdom from Bryson," Zayn snorts. He hikes Li up further on his hip as Adrian and Marley skip just ahead of us. Yes, she's still glued to his hip. It's probably not healthy at all, but. It's a better alternative than dealing with her screaming her head off and being all sad when he's not around.

Bryson blows a kiss at Zayn. "Oh you know it, boo." He stares him up and down without any shame. "Just one time...that's all I ask."

Yeah so we couldn't put Adrian in preschool yet and while he can go to daycare, we refuse to enroll him. With Genevieve being nuts-even from the inside- and her mentioning his dad, Zayn said he'd kill everyone (no joke) if anyone kidnapped him or something. So it would be best for everyone involved if we hold off on daycare for now.

And we obviously know Li's not going anywhere without her dad, so there's that.

Anyway, it's here, people. It's Marley's first day of preschool- my baby's growing up so fast. That other stuff was the kiddy business- daycare and summer camp. But this is big time. He's already advanced and I don't think my heart can handle anymore of him being a little grown person. But I knew this day would come, I suppose. God, I'm such a mom.

"Alright, shall we? Before we make him late- right Mar?" Zayn says, walking just ahead of us so he can grab the smaller boy's hand and swing it in his own.

"Right daddy," Marley says. He's wearing a crisp white t-shirt, gray cargo pants, a brown leather jacket and his 'fresh, white, trainers' as Zayn calls them. Yeah, I let Zayn dress him while I snuck in a quick, early morning yoga session in the living room. And bless my babe, he even ironed Mar's clothes...after he cursed the iron out for not cooperating. I'll count this as a win because he almost only burned the clothes once. "You guys gonna comed wid me?" Mar asks, looking up at Zayn. "And my friend gonna comed too? And Li Li?"