Chapter 25

*Ohhh Zayn running.

Charlie's POV

It's almost like you could hear a pin drop, and if the music wasn't playing softly now in the background, I'm sure you could hear each person inhale and exhale.

And I'm embarrassed-no, I'm more than embarrassed. These people are my friends, my coworkers, my future in laws for crying out loud, and for her to just say something like that makes me so upset to the point where I want to cry.

And I know Zayn knows me well enough to understand how much these words impact me-I've heard them so many times before, and I don't doubt that he can see my eyes clouding over. I hear him saying things- switching between reassuring me and cursing the hell out of her- but I don't process any of it. I don't want to let her break me, but...

She's such a bitch, drunk or not. How does she even know any of mine and Zayn's story to be able to pull out that bit of information and run with it? Zayn's in the public eye more now, sure, but he's not famous to the point where people are watching his every move-at least I hope not. And before he took over the business, his parents fought so hard to keep their children out of the spotlight, so Zayn led a somewhat normal, unbothered life.

Like me.

And there's no way she could know anything about me. I was just another nameless face in the big streets of New York City; just someone else with a story that most people don't care to learn.

But then again, she slept with him way back when, so maybe she's been following what he's been up to since she found out she was pregnant. Or maybe he even spilled all about me that one drunken night and she hasn't forgotten while he has, in a haste, trying to forget. Because if I'm being frank, she's the kind of person who remembers every single detail about everything to the point that it's scary.

"I think you need to leave," I hear in a venomous tone, and I'm not entirely sure who it comes from until I look up and find Harry standing next to me, seething.

Genevieve smirks. That bitch fucking smirks and I want nothing more than to wipe it off her face. She knows she's struck a chord, but something tells me she already knew that because she's just that meticulous. "Well I'm not-"

"But you are," he spits. AngryHarryAngryHarry. "I've sat around and put up with your meddling shit for the past month on the strength that he's my best friend and you dropped a fucking bomb on him. But I'll be damned if I sit back and watch you rip something apart that they've spent so much time building up, something that they've fought so hard for, because you're bitter and jealous and just batshit crazy. If you cared about your kid at all, then you would have enough respect for his supposed father to let him be happy. You've got no one to blame but yourself for keeping them from one another for two years, and now you expect him just drop everything, and what? Come running to you? Cater to you? I watched you worm your way into a position at his company, just so you could pick the right time to announce that you've got a child together, I've seen the hell he's been putting himself through since you told him about the kid, I've watched him grow to like the kid, I've watched you flirt, horribly, might I add, like hell with him and continuously piss her off," he points to me, "which pisses him off, which pisses me off-not only because he's my boyfriend, but because those two go together like peanut butter and jelly. So you better pray that this kid is actually his because if-not-so-help-me-God-"

"He'll put on his street clothes and drop you, ho," Bryson cuts him off. He offers a sheepish smile when Harry glares at him. "Sorry," he shrugs. "But if it's any consolation, I'll help you."

Genevieve, being the annoying little shit that she is, just blinks. "Well then," she starts. "I guess you told me. And I guess," she leans further into the cake table. "We'll see what happens when the results come back." Her eyes rest eerily on me instead of Zayn before she drags Adrian off through the grass.