Chapter 21

Charlie's POV

Sooo I'm feeling really lazy. It's now Friday and I've done nothing all day slash week, so yay.

We buried my dad a couple days ago and I've been trying to do things around the house to keep my mind off of that; Laura was kind enough to give me a few days off to get my life together (though I do have some major projects coming up that I need to be in the office for, so she gave me until Saturday-which means I'll be working the weekend, but hey. I'll take it.)

So yeah, I've tried to be a busy bee over the past few days. I pretty much cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, did all the laundry, rearranged the bedroom, bonded with my kids, and cooked and baked a whole mess of stuff that I saw on Food Network; the kids and Zayn (and Harry) are loving that. I also managed to mail off the invitations for Marley's birthday party (better late than never, right?)

Oh, and I've been on my iPad trying to find a venue. I'm absolutely ecstatic over the wedding; I saw some really amazing places, making me all the more excited to plan. I've just gotta get El involved; she knows this city like the back of her hand, so she'll be able to help me make this the wedding of my dreams as I marry the man of my dreams.

And I call Zayn cheesy.

Anyway, I still find myself occasionally wrapped up in my thoughts. But a little distraction has been helpful. And despite my mother and my birth father's new presence, I'm feeling better than I have in some time.

The only thing missing is Zayn. He actually had to go into the office to do contract stuff and apparently deal with Louis all this week, you know, since he fired Genevieve. I shouldn't have smiled when he told me the latest development and I really tried to hold it in because it seemed to bother him a little. But I did. (And maybe I allowed my insensitive side to come out when I baked a cake, and maybe it was a celebration cake that I'm sure Zayn caught on to.)

"Mummy, what you watchin' on dere?" The back of Marley's head pops up in front of my iPad as I view a venue's gallery. "I can watch dat too?" He turns to me with wide eyes.

"Well, I'm not really watching anything, but how about you tell mommy what pictures you like best."

"Okay. I can do dat," he says, plopping himself right into my lap. And Liyana's little jealous self comes right behind him (with my help), trying to shove Marley out of the way so she has space to sit.

"Ooo I like dis one! It gots da lights," Mar says as I scroll, pointing to a room with a darker ambiance and lighting in different hues of purple. Actually, I like that one too. The space itself is gorgeous. Hmm... "Li Li, you like dat one?" He turns to ask her, but she's got her mind on something else. And that would be trying to poke and smack the hell out of my tablet.

"Why you lookin' at dese pictures?" He asks as I swipe to the next one, immediately passing it since it's the complete opposite of what I'm looking for. You know, if I actually knew what I was looking for.

"It's for a big celebration daddy and I are having. Like a big party." Cause I don't think he knows wedding yet...though he might. Listen, it wouldn't shock me at this point.

"Me and Li Li go to da party too?"

"Of course. What kind of party would it be without my two babies? Pretty boring right?" I scrunch my nose up at him. He grins and mirrors me before turning back around and taking the iPad from my hands. Okay cool, you can take over. No big deal.

"Da-ddy!" I hear and my eyes dart up. I see Zayn propped up in the doorway of the living room, arms folded across his chest as he watches me and the kids. Weird, cause I didn't even hear him come in. I really should be more alert, I think.