Chapter 48

Zayn's POV

"I really don't want you to go."

I continue packing my suitcase as Charlie zips up my leather backpack. I've been procrastinating all day, so naturally I wait until about an hour until my car will be here to pack. I turn and look at her, and much like Liyana, she's giving me the puppy dog eyes and famous pout that makes me do whatever the hell they want. "I know; you've told me so repeatedly for the last- oh I don't know, six hours."

"Can I pull the pregnancy card? Like, you can't leave because I need you here to take care of me."

"Except you can still see your feet so you don't need me here all that much," I chuckle and she groans. "Plus, a week will be over before you know it, love."

"I know, but..."

"Real great argument you got there."

She walks over and clings on to my waist as I continue to shove shit into my suitcase, not making the process any easier. "You don't seem all that upset to be getting away from me," she states. "I'm all upset that you're leaving and you're jumping for joy on the inside."

I sigh. "Is that so? You know I don't want to leave you guys, but I can't exactly call this off. It's been a long time in the works, and how often do I fly out for business compared to other CEOs?"

When she doesn't say anything, I consider it mission accomplished. Except when she trails her fingers up my chest. "What if I give you a blowjob?" She squeaks and I laugh at her. "Everyday for the week you're supposed to be gone?"

I fold my arms around her neck, kissing the top of her head. "Tempting, especially after the show you put on last time, but...duty calls."

She pouts again. "And you're not even gonna give me any before you leave."

So that's what she's pressed about? I bury my face in her hair and laugh even harder. "I seriously don't remember your hormones being this out of whack the last go-around."

"Seriously me neither," she chuckles. "But I just want it and all the time. I don't even know what to do about it. Like, when we weren't doing it those few weeks, I was miserable, but I didn't wanna say anything because, like..."

"Well, that's why they have vibrat-"

"Okay, okay," she huffs, blushing. "Now come on. Since you won't stay, I don't want to prolong my sadness, so let's get you packed and out of here. There's a car coming to pick you up, right?"

"Yeah, it's stopping by to get Gina first, and then coming to me. And then we'll meet up with Jawaad when we get there." She nods, turning to repack my suitcase because according to her, rolling my clothes saves space.

"And uh, you and Gina will um, be in separate rooms, of course..." she trails off and I smirk.

"No. Why the hell would we do that? We're even sharing a standard bed, wouldn't you know it."

When she looks up and glares, I know I've pushed it too far. "Not funny."

"Fine. Yes mum, we will be in separate rooms. Now come on, don't be like that. You know Gina," I reassure her. "And you know I would never-"

"Yeah, I know. I trust you- just making sure, you know? And I like Gina. I don't think she'll try anything anyway, especially not after what she heard that one time in your office."

I grin. "Yeah, that was fun. We should do it again sometime."

"Yeah, whatever," she laughs, turning around and slinging her arms around my neck. "Now seriously, let's get you out of here."